GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to spend a week, maybe longer, in Hot Springs AR. Understand AR has some great roads to ride. Anyone familiar with the area suggest some of those good roads?

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is a nice loop I've ridden many times over the years.
Take 270 west all the way to 71 and then go South to 278 and then travel further south to 70 and take it back east all the way to Hot Springs

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Looking to spend a week, maybe longer, in Hot Springs AR. Understand AR has some great roads to ride. Anyone familiar with the area suggest some of those good roads?
Jump on I-30 and head south to Hwy108 t,take that to 71 and head north. Stop at the Road Mart in Ashdown . Be there about 8:00 am on Saturday and I'll try to have a group waiting for you. We'll show you some of the best roads in the area....

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roger that. We get it all set up, will surely let ya know. This trip not chiseled in stone yet, but I sure want it to happen. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The week of April 21 we will be basing out of Branson. Get a De Lorame map book for Ark. and Mo. Once you take a look at the map books you will understand. Just look for the small thin black lines (roads).

·
IronMan
17,453 Posts
rogers ride in in april - check ark forum

·
Registered
906 Posts
I don't know that area of AR very well, and I'm sure there must be plenty of good, curvy roads down there too, but I can attest to the fact that if you get above I-40 in AR, there are more good roads than you could possibly ride in a weeks' time.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Jump on I-30 and head south to Hwy108 t,take that to 71 and head north. Stop at the Road Mart in Ashdown . Be there about 8:00 am on Saturday and I'll try to have a group waiting for you. We'll show you some of the best roads in the area....
There are a lot of great roads in Arkansas, but watch out if you get on I-30. The pot holes are killers

A series of pot holes got all four wheels on my car last week!

·
Registered
281 Posts
There are a lot of great roads in Arkansas, but watch out if you get on I-30. The pot holes are killers

A series of pot holes got all four wheels on my car last week!

Were you countersteering your car and turning right into the pot holes? :joke:

·
Love The DCT
11,789 Posts
:agree: on the Pigs Trail. Hwy 7 from Hot Springs to Jasper is a very nice scenic ride. Hwy 123 south of Mt Judea is a nice very twisty ride. :doorag:

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Usually stay at the Hampton Inn at Arkadelphia, AR (just a few miles from Hot Springs).

AR7 to Hot Springs, Russellville, Jasper (Jasper is a biker friendly town-lunch at OZARK CAFE). Continue AR7 to Harrison. If you want an extra dose of excitement take 123Loop at Lurton and ride the 123Loop up and around Mt Judea (pronounced Mt Judy by the locals). It is seriously scarey! Then take 74 to Jasper and then back on AR7 to Harrison. NOTE: Between Jasper and Harrison on AR7, you'll pass by an abandoned theme park called Dogpatch USA at Marble Falls. If you remember Dogpatch USA, it' sort of cool to stop and have a look. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Harrison. There is also a Holiday Inn right next door if you prefer.

Return to Arkadelphia. Either head south on AR7 and re-trace your route from yesterday or if you want some variety...you can leave Harrison on hwy 43 to Ponca, to Hwy 74 to Jasper. (This route is called the "Jasper Disaster". It's a fun ride, but not as scarey as the 123Loop. Hook up with AR7 at Jasper and head south on AR7 back to Arkadelphia.

Stay at Hampton Inn again...we like it there!

Return to Texas

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I do like hot springs, but I would not stay there the entire time. 2--maybe 3 nights and then move north of i40 for the best Arkansas riding. There's a good Italian restaurant in hot springs-- belle arti; live piano player (at least some nights, maybe every night )- good atmosphere. A lot of good roads to ride have been named, but at the end of a day of great riding, it's a fair distance back to hot springs-- you can do it but why? Plenty of other places in the areas you are riding in. When my friends and I go to the Ozarks, we usually stay in a different city / town each night. While you may not want to move that often, I would move once or twice in a week+ length vacation.---allows better access to all the good riding!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go to this website http://www.harrisonarkansas.org/request_form.php and request the "riding guide of the ozarks" brochure. It has several rides that average 100+ miles each and some shorter that all begin out of Harrison, very close to hot springs. My wife and I along with my parents and daughter spent a week there in august last year and had a blast. We rented a house that had a garage large enough for 2 trikes and a spyder. Lots of good riding. One of the rides you can see elk at certain times.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If you're gonna be around Marble Falls (DOGPATCH) stay a night at THE HUB. Motorcycle Motel. If on weekends food is available and very nice. Dry County though.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hi-way 27 and 270 are ok over to Mt.Ida and if you are old enough,the Jot-Em Down store is out side of Mt.Ida,but it has been 43 years since I was in that area,and don't know for sure if anything is left yet.
Oh,the store was in Pine Ridge,Ar. Don't think Lum and Abner are still there tho:lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts