GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of a hotel chain that offers discounts for multiple nughts?..Or some type of rewards program?..Just looking to save little$$$$..on the road..Thanks.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Just about all offer some sort of rewards program. You just need to pick a chain. Because I travel for business, I usually use the Hilton chain; Hilton Honors. I like the variety they offer in accommodations; cheap to luxury.

You may consider a chain that offers rewards to your airline mileage plan; if you have one. Double rewards!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rewards

I know a lot of them offer a discount for AAA members, I have had anywhere from 10 to 15% discounts from some with AAA. Also I have stayed at both La Quinta Inn and Ambassador Hotels in the past and both of them offer some type of program. I think Ambassador gives 1 free night after 10 purchased. Good luck.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I always ask for a AAA or AARP discount. Most hotels offer one of these discounts.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I always ask for a AAA or AARP discount. Most hotels offer one of these discounts.
And most wouldn't ask for proof of membership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a member of Marriot, Wyndam and Choice hotels. The free nights add up fastest with Choice. This includes Comfort Inn, Clarion Inn, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Econo Lodge, Roadway and a couple of others. There prices are reasonable usually located where you want to go, and have AAA discounts.

Just sign up on line: http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HomePage?sid=WFOhg.N02fNgDBfg.1

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you stay at a Red Roof Inn just ask for the managers special rate. You'll save about 1/3.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
lots of $$ deals on hotels

hotwire is a decent one, with no fooling around

they show a price and a class of hotel, 2, 2.5, 3,4 star

then you choose

i like priceline a lot, but it takes some effort to get a super deal

wyndam rewards is great

super 8, days, ramada,travelodge are all involved

lots of stay two nites and get a $25 gift card offers

choice has a stay two nites and get one free right now

most chains offera mature rate, if your over 50, or look like it

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I'm a member of Marriot, Wyndam and Choice hotels. The free nights add up fastest with Choice. This includes Comfort Inn, Clarion Inn, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Econo Lodge, Roadway and a couple of others. There prices are reasonable usually located where you want to go, and have AAA discounts.

Just sign up on line: http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HomePage?sid=WFOhg.N02fNgDBfg.1
These work well and I've had many free nights on this and Holiday Inn plans.. Most have gotten stupid with the rates they use for the freebies so they're worth less..
Be carefull about online "all in one" bargin sites, some of them take your money up front when you book and can sometimes be non-refundable.. If I'm on the road, I take whats avail when I feel like stopping instead of rushing to making it to a reservation destination..

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like Hotwire. Got 3 nights in Daytona next to race track during bike week for 42.00 a night. Can't beat it. Made the reservations about a month ago though. Got to think ahead with something like this.

·
Registered
541 Posts

I second the Choice Hotel chain. Been staying there for a number of years and have stayed free several times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts