GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay during the Homecoming this year? I hope some rooms are still available!

Anybody in the Southwest Michigan/Northwest Indiana area planning on going? Looking for a riding buddy for the trip down?

Thanks in advance for any responses

·
Registered
615 Posts
Rob, a bunch of riders stay at the super 8 in Bellfontaine,Oh. Its nice and clean. And, a nice ride to the plant. The second rally is also held there. Joy

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Rob-

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but you may already be looking at a room in Columbus. Marysville is not a very big town, and the number of rooms there is limited.

I've stayed at the Marysville Hampton Inn, very nice... quite expensive.
The Marysville Days Inn looks to be a nice place to stay also.

Here's what is available nearest to/in Marysville...

http://www.ohio.honda.com/events/homecoming/index.asp

Click on the "lodging" tab for Dublin (NW Columbus), Bellefountaine, and Marysville.

You may also want to check in Delaware, Ohio for rooms.

There is a Super 8 that claims that it is "Marysville"... but in reality, it is half-way back towards Columbus. It is an older property, and the quality may not be the best.

I made my reservation at the Marysville AmeriHost last December, and landed a room for $53 a night.

·
Registered
188 Posts
there is a bunch of us from western new york taht are staying at the comfort inn in bellefountaine..when we called they said they had plenty of rooms but that was about a month ago.. good luck :beer2:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. I'm in at the Comfort in Bellefontaine. That whirlpool should feel good after a long day's ride!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rob,

I will be coming from the Chicago area on Thursday (7/29) with a group of 8 or 10 bikes. We are planning to pass through Merrillville and Fort Wayne sometime in the morning (plans are still being made). If you want to connect up and ride with us you are welcome to do so.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hotel that we have stayed at is the Hampton Inn in Marysville. A clean hotel and they don't wack you on the rates. Its across the street from the Wal-Mart in an Industrial Park type area.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hal - Thanks for the suggestion. I checked them out as I usually stay at Hamptons on business. They were $100/night for one of the couple double bed rooms left and $159.00/night for a King Jacuzzi suite. The Comfort in Bellefontaine gave me the King with Jacuzzi for $107.00 on a AAA rate. My wallet would rather do the $39/night thing somewhere and buy more goodies from you, but the hotels I've checked are either already full or too far away. I'll make this work somehow, despite the hardship of having a Jacuzzi :yes:

Pilch - Thanks for the offer. I'll likely be leaving early Friday AM though. Perhaps I'll see you down there.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
The hotel that we have stayed at is the Hampton Inn in Marysville. A clean hotel and they don't wack you on the rates. Its across the street from the Wal-Mart in an Industrial Park type area.
I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn also.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
fireman howie, Me and ? the SO will be there at the comfort inn too. Sure our paths will cross. I guess you guys are riding straight thru? We were planning on staying somewhere around pittsburgh for a stop. Rte 70 area?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
The last time that I stayed at the Hampton Inn was for the '02 Homecoming, and it was $90 a night. I consider that as being "whacked".

That's a bit pricey for my taste. The Marysville AmeriHost Inn at nearly half that ($53) is more to my liking.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I just did a search on Super 8 for Delaware, OH and it appears they have rooms and 2 nights in a double room was about $140. Pool and whirlpool. I stayed there last year. Not too far away. Actually, nothing is to far away if you ride a wing.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The last time that I stayed at the Hampton Inn was for the '02 Homecoming, and it was $90 a night. I consider that as being "whacked".

That's a bit pricey for my taste. The Marysville AmeriHost Inn at nearly half that ($53) is more to my liking
SInce we go to a lot of shows we are used to much higher rates. Example: Daytona Bike Week $200 a night with a 5 day minimum.[/list]

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
SInce we go to a lot of shows we are used to much higher rates. Example: Daytona Bike Week $200 a night with a 5 day minimum.[/list]
Excellent example. Now that IS getting whacked. That sort of thing doesn't happen during Homecoming or the Hoot. $1000 just for lodging. Just another reason to skip Daytona.

And after paying a motel bill like that, he can still afford to give away oil filters... What a guy! :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey GLo3..yes were are going to ride straight thru..we are leaving wensday morning and coming home on sunday. hope to meet up with you down there..look for the fast silver wing with 3 hand paintings of firematic things on it...thats me lol..well thats my bike lol

·
Registered
846 Posts
fireman howie said:
hey GLo3..yes were are going to ride straight thru..we are leaving wensday morning and coming home on sunday. hope to meet up with you down there..look for the fast silver wing with 3 hand paintings of firematic things on it...thats me lol..well thats my bike lol
I'm also driving straight to Marysville. Should be about 630 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts