GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us plan trips and stay at hotels or motels and it appears the most popular hotel chain is the holiday inn express. There are motel 6 - 8, red roofs. To me it seems these places charge around $100 dollars per night and more. B&B appears to be more expensive and then we have the Hampton Suites and lastly the Really expensive hotels.

My Question is: Which is the best and cheapest place to stay?

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
We like Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Best Western, these are usually real nice and have a breakfast usually. But then again, most are independently owned so they can vary.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If you are a member of AMA you get a 15 discount at choice hotel if you use central reservations.

Local mom and pop motels can be really nice also. Most I have stayed in have been excellent as good as the chains. Some were disasters! If it looks horrible on the outside, it probably is, took me two trips to learn.

Also remember that rates are negotiable. Don't forget things like AARP, AAA, military, veteran, and so forth. I realize not everyone qualifies but Government rates are usually pretty good. Wife works in a school system!

I think Holiday Inn Express ususally has the best cinamin buns but that is subjective.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i use mostly super 8

booking on wyndam rewards has many specials/offers

for the most part, i check in, take a shower, and go to sleep

so i dont need any fancy hotel, its not a vacation, its a place to flop for the night, and get going

mom and pop, i avoid them, based on past experiences

bed and breakfast are nice, but offer little privacy, lots of noise and confussion, and of course are several times the cost

if i am near a decent sized city, priceline can work very well, ysyay a 3 star hotel for the price of a super 8, but they offer no refuds, or changes, so make sure you are there, since its already paid

hot wire sucks, they claim much higher star ratings than does aaa and mobil guides

1 - 6 of 6 Posts