GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, I wrestled with that title but I guess in Texas where size matters the biggest has got to come first right???

Some of us good folk down here in Houston were thinkin' about ridin' north (but not far enough for anything to stick). Meetin' up wit dem folks from da north (Dallas) for Lunch. Someone mentioned Woody's there in Centerville, Tx. Never ate there but sounds like a place to start anyway.

So ... what we need is a date, I'm thinking somewhere around middle of January. Now you folk from the north make it easy on yourself. Down here in the south we don't need a reason to ride and we got all dem nice weather, but this is gonna take a little more thought for you good folk from the north.

Hey Jim ya got me on this one?

·
Registered
221 Posts
What about all of us good people over at San Antonio?

Ed W.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ucwinters said:
What about all of us good people over at San Antonio?

Ed W.
I'm thinking you are south of the Centerville longitude eh?

Centerville = N 31 15.514

SA = 29 25.265

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sounds fair to me, anybody that lives soutn of N 31 15.514 counts as Houston and anyone north counts as Dallas. I know, I know, there are a lot out there that don't claim either one. :wink: Sounds like a good way to split it up for this little challenge though. 8)

Hey Jon want to try some Woody's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuzzy said:
Sounds fair to me, anybody that lives soutn of N 31 15.514 counts as Houston and anyone north counts as Dallas. I know, I know, there are a lot out there that don't claim either one. :wink: Sounds like a good way to split it up for this little challenge though. 8)

Hey Jon want to try some Woody's? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That works! How about January 20th for the date? Nothing special about that date so we can move it, if someone needs too (especially if they live south of 31 15.514). Might be a bit cool, so only the hardiest will participate.

Let the trash talkin' begin!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
OK, I've located Woody's in Centerville - looks not too far from the Crocket forest which is a pretty place to ride to. If the weather is nice, would make a nice over-nite camping trip. Would be a good excuse to stop back by Sodolak's in Snook, TX on the way home to sample some batter-dipped chicken-fried bacon with cream gravy. :lol:

Ed W.

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
I'm game .Riding is much better west of Houston but I will take roads west of Houston and come up through the Sam Houston Forest area, Montgomery area etc...Actually never rode in Centerville area, might be OK. Any local riders know any good roads, please post them.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The 20th is one of the few dates I can't do. Our daughter is getting married that day. Guess the norths will have to find someone to make up for me.

Hope y'all have a great ride and I know the BBQ will be awesome.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
laen said:
I'm game .Riding is much better west of Houston but I will take roads west of Houston and come up through the Sam Houston Forest area, Montgomery area etc...Actually never rode in Centerville area, might be OK. Any local riders know any good roads, please post them.
I made the ride from Houston up to Centerville last year doing the back roads as well - no freeway up or back.

Woodys has two businesses - one on each side of the freeway at the Centerville exit. Both are Shell gas stations as well. The one on the east side has a BBQ "restaurant" that is fun to eat at. There are a bunch of picnic tables lined up that we can all sit at - but we should get there around 11:00 or so to get a full table. The store on the other side of the freeway is famous for their beef jerky, and tons of other edible stuff.

By the way, I have yet to meet Woody in person, but he is a very loyal Corvette owner and buys from the same dealer I do (we both know the owner). Last I was told he still had two C6 Corvettes - one is a Z06, so he can't be all bad. One day I want to meet him.

The 20th sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Just a thought how about the 13th maybe Fuzzy could come and WE would both bring a industrial barrel of woop butt to through out on you southern aliens and show yall how some of us ( Dallas ) boys stick together. That is if yall aint all skeert by now.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Brian - thought we might catch up with you on the trip to Hard Eight last Saturday (or whenever it was). Stopped at Venus and you weren't there!

13th, 20th, makes no never mind to me - I'm retired!

Mesquite Bob

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
I vote for the 13, I can make that date. Guess I would count for the Dallas side since I am from the north. :)

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Sounds like fun! It's been a week or so since I had good Texas BBQ... I don't think I can make it, so someone from up North have some pulled pork for me :)

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fuzzy said:
The 20th is one of the few dates I can't do. Our daughter is getting married that day. Guess the norths will have to find someone to make up for me.

Hope y'all have a great ride and I know the BBQ will be awesome.
Hey Dale, now I don't want to be accused of panderin' so I propose we move the date so you can be there! I'm thinking that without you it will be a hollow victory :) Will the 13th work for everyone?

I just gonna hafta watch Fred's DVD's in fast forward!!!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Come on Fuzzy can you come out and play on the 13th . Look at the pic. above he will be so busy trying to shake off that monkey butt after riding with no seat we can through the whoop butt on him quick.

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
I say if weather looks dry on the 13th let er rip, if it looks like heavy rain hold off til 20th. We riders in south Texas do feel for you guys up north. I grew up in Arlington and we all know you stretch for places to ride. We have the Hill country and Bandera you have Weatherford, I-20 ,Wichita Falls , Venus and Paris, TX. So we do feel for you.(just kidding) :)

1 - 20 of 396 Posts