GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving in the morning from Eastland, headed to houston. I will either come down 6 all the way or cut through to killen for a short stop and travel on 190 to 77 then on to houston. I am actually trying to get to Webster, on the south side of Houston. I figure I will be looking at Houston about 2pm. Should I take I45 straight thru?? The toll way? take Hwy 6 around the outer edge, or go even further out and come in from the south . I dont know my way around Houston and need some advice. Thanks in advance, Mark

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I'd come down 6 to De Leon then 16 to Comanche, 36 all the way to Damon then 1462 to Alvin then 35 to 528 to Webster.

Try to miss Houston any way you come.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd come down 6 to De Leon then 16 to Comanche, 36 all the way to Damon then 1462 to Alvin then 35 to 528 to Webster.

Try to miss Houston any way you come.
Is 6 around houston bad?? Lots of lights or traffic or both? You should know, I just looked at where you live.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Missouri City has a lot of lights, the rest ain't too bad. You could keep your route and pick up 159 at Hempstead to Belleville then 36.

You'll probably be hot and tired by the time you get there so you may want to stay a little further west. If you go down 36, I have a cutoff that will get you around Rosenberg. Also have a nice little curvy road between Monaville and Wallis that will shorten things.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Missouri City has a lot of lights, the rest ain't too bad. You could keep your route and pick up 159 at Hempstead to Belleville then 36.

You'll probably be hot and tired by the time you get there so you may want to stay a little further west. If you go down 36, I have a cutoff that will get you around Rosenberg. Also have a nice little curvy road between Monaville and Wallis that will shorten things.
36 to Damon and then across may keep the country boy out of lots of the city. That may be the route--thanks. Mark

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
36 to Damon and then across may keep the country boy out of lots of the city. That may be the route--thanks. Mark
Shoot me PM with your email and I'll send you a gbd file with a couple back road routes.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
made it down and no problems. Thanks for the help!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts