GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
make and sell us an extended side stand about 3/4" longer than stock :wink: ?
The Wing has a wee bit more lean angle on the side stand since the upgrade.
I don't want to add length in the base of the foot. I want the length added to the shaft so it will look stock. 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
quote " I want the length added to the shaft so it will look stock."
There's a joke in there somewhere, huh? :lol: I never had that problem! 8)

G

·
Steve Smith said:
I think his talking about his 1800...............LOL

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I don't have the Traxion suspension upgrade but I too would like to add some length to my kick stand, but not everywhere. I was thinking about building something like a slipper that can be slid on or off as needed. Sometimes you just have to park the bike where it is slightly down hill on the left side and it really tips over at an alarming angle before coming to a rest on the side stand. On other occasions, you cannot avoid parking it with a down hill slope on the right side. In those circumstances, I would not want anything more than the standard length of the side stand.

I could be built from Lexan or aluminum and made for a tight fit so you would not have to hold it in place while you lower the bike's weight onto it. I see no reason to have it left in place while riding since you will not know if it is needed or not from one parking spot to the next. I also think it would be smart to make it have a much larger footprint than the standard kickstand to keep it from sinking into soft asphalt, sand, mud, etc. I could also make a simple mount for this on the handle bars so it is right at hand and I would not have to dig around for it. This is sounding like a neat weekend project. Thanks for getting the creative juices flowing!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where might one found one?

gpick said:
The older Fish stand works perfect.
And I'm sure it's chrome :x Can't do the chrome thing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve Smith said:
You think with a call name of WeKneeDragger that "I" need an extension :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts