GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I loved the line...." I would have pulled over if there would have been a spot to pull over "

Yea, right............that was just after he said " they're gonna kick our asses"

Good one Jan. :lol:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Knew that wasn't one of Yellow Wolf's videos - too slow and not enough lean angle. Seen it before, but thanks for the reminder to stay away from Deals Gap.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
First time in viewing that and frankly had to laugh. The guy just passed and drove into the ditch. DA!!!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Video

That should be put in my blog under jokes.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
What happened to him is what happens to a lot of unskilled and some skilled riders when faced with a turn at a speed above their norm. They forget how to turn, for lack of a better way of describing it. Even that bike could have made that turn at that speed.IMO

The second guy was apparently not watching the road but the bike in front. He almost did the same thing.

Good thing no one was coming from the other direction.

Thanks for the link...

·
Registered
303 Posts
The part that caught my attention was the whiner who says "Why would they DO that?! Answer is : Because you folks were obviously going at creepy/crawley speed and probably were unaware that there were people behind you getting frustrated. Should have pulled over and allowed them to pass in a safe place.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
PhoenixRising01 said:
The part that caught my attention was the whiner who says "Why would they DO that?! Answer is : Because you folks were obviously going at creepy/crawley speed and probably were unaware that there were people behind you getting frustrated. Should have pulled over and allowed them to pass in a safe place.
OK let's see... passing on a double yellow line... at a limited sight curve... and being stupid... you're right, it's the cager's fault.
We all have the right to our opinion but, I'm sorry, I couldn't disagree with you more. Here in the Rockies you'll run into this situation on a regular basis. Very steep and twistie roads can make people nervous.
I don't like waiting any more than the next guy but we need to use our heads. What he did was against the law and stupid. Patience can be tough, but it a case such as this it's what can keep you alive to ride another day.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think if you look at the dashboard configuration, that 'cager' that hey passed over the double yellow line was a motor home.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
daver said:
I think if you look at the dashboard configuration, that 'cager' that hey passed over the double yellow line was a motor home.
Your right daver..

Not alot of places to pull off the road.

IDIOTS :yes: :yes:

later..Randy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts