GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking November 18th would be a good day for a lunch run to Two Egg. Maybe Mayor Bumper will meet us for a tour or something. Anybody in?

Here's a link:

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=53512

For a list of potential members going on this ride, see the top of page 2 in this post.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride, keep us poisted.

TnCharlie

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd love to be able to go.

Now if I can just keep from getting called in to work that day.

Looking forward to hearing more about the particulars.

Dep

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I may be snowed in by then. :shock:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it looks like we have a quarum. I figure I can be the metropolis of Two Egg around 1 pm. I doubt there is any plce to eat there, but Marianna looks close enough. I read somewhere on the net about a general store in Two Egg that is somewhat of a tourist destination, so that might be our ground zero for this ride.

If there is anyone here on the board that lives in the area, please feel free to pipe in anytime, as I am just wingin' it here. (pun intended) This is very informal. Just a meet and greet and eat.

Bartman and Dep,

I could go up 95 to 295 to 10 and meet both of you along the way. I figure it's about 4 1/2 hour ride from Ormond Beach so I will leave no later than 7am and get there in plenty of time.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Time Zone

Don't forget, Two Egg is in the Central Time Zone, so you guys coming from the east will actually gain an hour on the way over, but will lose an hour on the way back. The time zone starts when you cross the Appalachicola River. You can get there on I-10 or take the more scenic route of Hwy 90.
Dennis

·
Registered
43 Posts
Two Egg is about 80 miles from here. I will run over there tomorrow or Tuesday and see what is there. I will also go through Marianna and check it out.

John

·
Registered
679 Posts
I mebbe can do it..gotta get closer to see if I am working. About 250 miles from here...haven't been anywhere lately, so...never been to Two Egg.

Ride long and safe..and I like new places

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Count me in TQ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been A While

Two Egg, Florida. Yep, I use to drive through there before I-10 was completed all the way through. That was a day or two ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got back from Two Egg and it is something everyone should see once :D . You can just about see from one end of town to the other. Here is the town line form the west:

I did see the general store but didn't stop. I ate lunch in Marianna at Jim's Buffett & Grill. Buffett on Saturday is under $9.00 and includes a drink. Food was pretty good. Depending on how many show up you can call about an hour before you get there and they will set up a big table for you. Just tell them that Joy said to use the Glass Room. Jim's phone number is 850-526-2366.

John

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well this is one day ride I have to go on, I will see if a group wants to ride up with me From Hudson Florida so count me and my wife in and yes there really is a town called TWO EGG Off Highway 69 and to meet the one and only "BUMPER".
Any one who wants to ride up just pm me.
We will take US 19 North to Highway 27/90 thru Tallahassee the senic route.

Hope to meet some more riders on this board.

Steve Scott

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks John for all your troubles. This is coming together. Here are my tentative plans:

Meet in Two Egg at the general store approximately 1pm eastern time (12 noon local time{thanks Molinoman}).

Meet and greet.

Head to Marianna for lunch at Jims Buffett & Grill. Here is their web site:

http://www.jimsbuffetandgrill.com/

Two Egg is located on Highway 69 and 69A.

I am open to all and any suggestions. I'm easy that way.

Now if we could just get Mayor Bumper out for a tour. :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Roy,

How about me, you, Snoopy and Dep meet at the Bob Evans, right off I-295. It's the last exit before you head over the Buckman Bridge, Exit 5A.

Take the San Jose Blvd North exit (aka SR-13), go right at the bottom of the ramp and make a right at the first stop light (about a block) and you'll see Bob Evan's.

Thoughts?

Bartman

·
Registered
303 Posts
Last week I left from Ft. White, joined up with Rt. 90 and went as far as about 30 miles west of Panama City before turning around. Nice ride, took I-10/I-75 home, about 400 miles altogether with the side trips, about 12 hours riding. Hoping to get to Key West before Christmas.

Don't know if I'll be able to make it, but will most certainly try.
Paul

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bartman, That sounds good to me. 8? 830? Pick the time figuring on how long it would take to get to Two Egg. Interstate or back roads. Either one is good depending on time.

Phoenix, would love to have you ride with us.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts