GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only did they do away with the tools in the 2012 wing, they also do not include the Aux cord in the Premium Audio model

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Just another reason (among many) I have absolutely no desire to purchase a 2012! Hehe! The 2013 can't arrive soon enough . . . :bow:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It's not a big deal.

Mine looked like cheap stamped tools in a Naugahyde kit bag.

Do a search and get many suggestions for which tools to carry.
Fred's Videos shows a what he carries.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
i heard ..the 2013 will come in a box.. unassembled.. and the price will go up 55%.. tires & handlebar grips will be extra...

cosmic

·
Registered
512 Posts
Its not just Honda its the entire industry saving every penny they can. :bow:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
The first thing I do is sell the tool kits and recoup some gas monies. The tools are junk, and I cant use them anyhow.

If you think you need tools, buy a nice collection of quality tools and your better off.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Honda is also saving money on the 2013 and moving from those expensive motorcycle tire to the less expensive car tires.

I think it is time to go back to a Harley

·
Registered
538 Posts
Aw hek... we'll probably have to furnish our own crush washer! :thumbup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's a Goldwing... they figured you'd never need the tools

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Rider Steve:

slave labor in Japan? give you head a shake....

talk about being cheap, look at your trike, you wanted to save a few bucks by not painting it to match?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Not only Honda, Have you any electronics lately? They give you a QUICK START book and if you want more detailed information you have to download and PRINT the owners/users manual.
Now I just bought a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and it came with 2 owners manuals

·
Banned
208 Posts
your dealer did not prep it right, should have cord and you have AUX USB/IPOD in the trunk as well.

Should have bought a Canadian Wing if you want the toolbag. On my 08 Wing the toolbag was the 1st thing I threw out...

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
On the 2013 handlebars will be optional. Then for the 2014 model they add wheels to the list of options;)
I don't think that's gonna fly. To many will ask for their deposit back.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts