GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
1,215 Posts
This happens to me once in a while too. Usually people tend to stay a bit further back, I wonder if they are also riders when they stay further back. As far as what to do? I think looking back like you did should clue in anyone with half an ounce of common sense, but as you pointed out "they" are among us. I'm not sure if there really is anything we can do about it except let them around us, altercations with people in cages is lose lose for us.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
. .. I find this light works wonders. Are you need is a hot wire from your brake light. YMMV
Thanks for the link. I've been wanting something like this for the Wing and our camper. New camper but it has standard bulb brake lights that are pretty sad in the daytime, thinking of mounting one above each brake light. This would also nicely replace that reflector on the lower rear fender of the Wing.

Reactions: Steve 0080

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Generally you can see where the payment has been cut for the wire to go in that actuates the traffic light. I try to stop on top of one of those cut marks. They generally look like an H pattern in the pavement. Hope this helps...
Exactly. Stopping directly over one of those lines helps trigger them. I rarely have a problem with the Wing but I have on smaller bikes. Unfortunately the sensitivity is one of the programable settings in the system (or used to be when I was involved), so if someone from County or City sets it wrong in that big silver box then it won't matter where you stop.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
the in-between (which, if you're watching Stranger Things, is a transition zone to the upside-down)
As long as steering quickly into the "in-between" between the cars doesn't make me end up in the "upside-down" or just land upside down it will be OK. On a positive note 011 is getting the power back! Disintegrated that Harley Davidson looking 001 dude once already and will have to do it again now.

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
watch his front tires to see if he is moving
I look at the vehicle rims when closing in on someone I think may pull out from a side street or side entrance. Of course it doesn't help with people changing lanes into me but it helps detect initial movement from a stopped vehicle. Many of times I have let off the gas and was prepared to take evasive action when someone sitting on a side entrance decided to roll up a couple feet when I was approaching them. I hated it when those "spinner" rims got popular for a while.

Reactions: JoeHall
1 - 5 of 5 Posts