GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very aggravating and it seems this is the only forum that this happens to me. When I try going down a line by hitting 'enter', no joy. Been on this forum for a long time and this just started to happen a few months ago. It's like the enter button goes dead :roll: Also tried to post a poll to no avail.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I get this occasionally. Couple of things to try before getting aggressive with it. First is try rebooting - cures a host of ills.

Second, go to top of the page where the selections are listed file edit view favorites tools help. Select tools - delete browsing history (or you can press CTRL_SHIFT_DEL at the same time), and delete all your browsing history and cache items. Then restart the computer and try the forum again.

If these two items do not do the trick, there are some more aggressive items to try. You might also want to invest in a copy of Norton Utilities - does a great job of fixing issues with these magic boxes.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
On this page select Settings in upper right corner
Select General Settings on the left side (scroll down)
Select Miscellaneous Options near the bottom of the list
Check Standard Editor try again If that doesn't do it check Basic Editor

This has come up with the new owners here and on another of LaMonster Inc.'s boards that got sold.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Very aggravating and it seems this is the only forum that this happens to me. When I try going down a line by hitting 'enter', no joy. Been on this forum for a long time and this just started to happen a few months ago. It's like the enter button goes dead :roll: Also tried to post a poll to no avail.
When in the posting window try clicking on the icon A/A which is what I have to do.

edit: Just saw R. John's post and changed mine to 'Standard Editor' which fixed mine...

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
If you are using Explorer, go to the top bar where the URL is. Should be a symbol that looks like a square with a jagged line. Put your mouse over it and it should say compatibility view. Click on it and see if that doesn't correct your problem.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, here goes...

The quick brown (Titanium) GL1800

Jumped over the lazy H-D's

Back....

It works again...Thanks for the advice everyone. I used R.John's suggestion about Standard Editor.

p.s. I was going to blame Windows 8.0 since that is the OS on this computer. Didn't know the forum changed owners.

p.p.s. Happy Easter everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts