GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Thinking about accent lighting my instrument panel with colored LED for show... How did you do it?

Thank you for your comments.
Tommy.I added colored film to my 04's dash. Here is a how to thread I made. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237223

The 06 up dashes are way easier to do this too as there cowls don't have to come off to get at the nuts behind the cluster.

I did mine when I painted my bike so it was easy to do at that point.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
TommyboyTx,

There are the two ways to light the gauges. Rocky and DJ Fire's way is to use film on the cluster itself. There are no options as to OEM ot lights, they will always be the colored film.

I installed my LEDS in the cluster complete with a switch to either use the blue LEDS or the OEM lights.

To each his own, I just like having options.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
TommyboyTx,

There are the two ways to light the gauges. Rocky and DJ Fire's way is to use film on the cluster itself. There are no options as to OEM ot lights, they will always be the colored film.

I installed my LEDS in the cluster complete with a switch to either use the blue LEDS or the OEM lights.

To each his own, I just like having options.
I like options too but the film is not the only option installed on my wing either.

I can say that I would have done the full LED inside the cluster if I could have gotten the gauge needles off. This is much easier on the pre 06 wings.

Here are a few more pic's -- all same bike, same photo shoot, same light system, just different colors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts