GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, my wife and I had the GPS on our 2012 GW find a marina at a lake not too far from our house. We got almost there and decided to head home. I can't get the GPS to stop trying to take me to the lake!

I could not find "Cancel" on the menus on the bike. I cannot find "Cancel" or "End Route" in the manual's Table of Contents (yes, I have the manual open in front of me as I type this). I see "Deleting Your Home Location" on p. 130 and "Customer Support" on p. 177, but nothing on ending, stopping, cancelling or closing a route or destination. It's also not in the Index.

Help, please.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Rodney,

Did the word "Recalculating" take on a new and very annoying meaning? :lol:

Hope to see you tonight at the Japan Express.

Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
If I'm moving and can't "cancel" the route, I simply shut the GPS audio off so I don't have to hear the "off route, recalculating" nag.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Its obvious that the GPS wants to go to the lake...so just go and satisfy the little girl...lol :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Supposedly you don't have to delete or turn off one route to put in another.

Didn't know that wouldn't work with Return to Home.

I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Is there a way to get rid of the re-calculate mode?? There is on my 2720 Garmin and that would take care of that problem. I also MUTE mine so there is silence and no radio cut off!! I don't know, I haven't spent much time on my 2012 unit so far. I am still using my 2720 for trip til I get it all figured out.. Gil

·
Registered
664 Posts
Keep in mind also that the GPS system will not do certain things or some options may not appear on screen, if is does not have satellite reception. I sat in my garage for 10 minutes (without reception) trying to do certain things that it would not do, before I read the manual and found this out. :oops:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to turn ALL the sound off till I got home. Next day, the bike STILL wanted to go to the lake. :eek: I had to name and save the route, then delete it. It would have been easier (better?) to just leave work early and go to the lake. :cool:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ill try this next time. I have been shutting bike off to turn gps off..:shrug:
I stop/cancel my GPS by........
- Choose STOP in the ROUTE menu...........then
- Change the DISPLAY screen to not show the GPS map.

Is that the correct procedure? I couldn't find one in the book.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Menu>route>stop route, on an 06.

R

·
0 Posts
Actually on my new 2012 you can cancel the destination just by ignoring the voice which gives you directions to get back on route even when you want to go via another highway. It will say "recalculating" a few times after you ignore it and then "pooof!" the system shuts down all by itself.:shock: That happened today on a ride to Tucson. Honda may have to ship "Rev-01" of the software soon. :eek:4:

·
Registered
847 Posts
On my 08 I can not cancel a route until I come to a stop.

·
Registered
166 Posts
route/stop route to get it out of there. i turned off the voice on my first ride on the bike. that is the most annoying thing about this gps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The rerouting will go on forever and is really annoying. I put in a interupt switch and then you can go to menu/route/cancel and then hit the switch again. Really ridiculous to not be able to do anything on 2012 gps unit without stopping completely, including cancel. Put in the interupt switch and now you have a real gps that is useful.

·
Vendor
22,057 Posts
The rerouting will go on forever and is really annoying. I put in a interupt switch and then you can go to menu/route/cancel and then hit the switch again. Really ridiculous to not be able to do anything on 2012 gps unit without stopping completely, including cancel. Put in the interupt switch and now you have a real gps that is useful.
Can you tell me more what you mean by an interupt switch? Did you put a switch on the speedo signal going to the GPS unit in the trunk, and was this on a 2012? I had one on my 09, but I'm unsure if this still works on the 2012.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts