GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It humbles me to ask but I've done searches and read the manual but can't seem to delete previous routes from the system.
I thought I was fairly good at understanding the system but it would appear not.
These are routes that the previous owner programmed it to go to timbucktoo for example. They're not saved as favourites and I can't seem to get rid of them.

thanks
Greg

·
Registered
882 Posts
When you find out. Let me know....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Can't you go to edit and delete from there. I'm not home or I would take a look.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I was unaware that the Navi system could hold more than a single route at a time. The 2009 and 2010 Navi can certainly only "store" one route at a time. By selecting "stop route", the "stored" or current route, is "deleted".

Are you trying to delete previously saved favorites versus a route? :shrug:

It humbles me to ask but I've done searches and read the manual but can't seem to delete previous routes from the system.
I thought I was fairly good at understanding the system but it would appear not.
These are routes that the previous owner programmed it to go to timbucktoo for example. They're not saved as favourites and I can't seem to get rid of them.

thanks
Greg

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I was unaware that the Navi system could hold more than a single route at a time. The 2009 and 2010 Navi can certainly only "store" one route at a time. By selecting "stop route", the "stored" or current route, is "deleted".

Are you trying to delete previously saved favorites versus a route? :shrug:
I believe you are correct.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You might try pulling one of these mystery routes up and save it as a favorite.Then delete it form the favorite menu.

I sure would like to know how they were saved in the first place.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Go to menu---route----stop

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might try pulling one of these mystery routes up and save it as a favorite.Then delete it form the favorite menu.

I sure would like to know how they were saved in the first place.
I tried that. It deleted the favorite but not the original route.
When I select...."new route" it gives me the option of selecting "favorites" or "previous routes". The routes are in the "previous routes".
It may not be an issue but at some point I'm sure these routes along with routes I dial in will fill up the memory card.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after reading the manual cover to cover 3 times and playing with the actual gps on the bike, it appears that these routes can't be deleted.
I suspect they don't take up much space on the memory as there aren't any waypoints etc in them.
I just find it odd that they sit there but whateverrrrr, so be it.
Thanks for all your input folks.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
after reading the manual cover to cover 3 times and playing with the actual gps on the bike, it appears that these routes can't be deleted.
I suspect they don't take up much space on the memory as there aren't any waypoints etc in them.
I just find it odd that they sit there but whateverrrrr, so be it.
Thanks for all your input folks.
Are you talking about previously FOUND places or ROUTES? You can delete a route for sure, I don't know about a find but I will go out to my Wing and see if there is a procedure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you talking about previously FOUND places or ROUTES? You can delete a route for sure, I don't know about a find but I will go out to my Wing and see if there is a procedure.
Yes, the routes show up in previously found places.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Ah... there is no way off deleting previous found unless you do the reset unit thing ( small hole in unit in trunk)
But it will delete all your saved info as well

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yes, the routes show up in previously found places.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I just went out to my Wing and tried to delete my previous FOUND places and I could not. This built in GPS has it's pros & cons. I guess this is one of the cons. LOL . The screen is nice and big though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree. I'm used to a Garmin Quest 2 which has a small screen but does some amazing things.

I'm enjoying the large screen on the built in but for detailed routes when leading a group I'll probably use my Quest for now and will probably slowly default to the built in system.

thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
After you find enough of your own favorites/locations, then the older previous finds will drop off.

I agree. I'm used to a Garmin Quest 2 which has a small screen but does some amazing things.

I'm enjoying the large screen on the built in but for detailed routes when leading a group I'll probably use my Quest for now and will probably slowly default to the built in system.

thanks for your help guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts