GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I want to remove my front wheel and I want to know can I do it with eaze or should I leave it a pro? I am very capable but I have never done it before and if I do are there special tools needed? :?:

Mike from Boston

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Easy job. Remove the fenders and right brake caliper. Loosen the four pinch bolts at bottom of forks then the axle nut and it will slide right out.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Mike,
Removing the wheel is the easy part. Putting it back on properly is just a little harder. You should really have a service manual for the correct sequence of installation and proper torque values. If you have not done a similar job before, not observed someone do it, and do not have a service manual, you may want to have a professional do it.
If you want to do it yourself, you should get the videos that Fred Harmon put together and/or the Honda service manual.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Torque values:

Front Axle Bolt 43ft.lb.
Pinch Bolts 16ft.lb.
Caliper Bolt 23ft.lb.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I post a question and in ten minutes I get the answers I am looking for.........

THANK YOU

Now if I lived near you guys I would bring a case of your favorite drink and you could watch over me as I remove the wheel.

Mike from Boston :D :D :D :D

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Boston isn't that far for a wing rider. :p

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That"s true just down the street and over the hill.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I believe the owners manual that came with the bike spells it all out. You have to use the feeler gauge in the tool kit to get it done right.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Margarita Will said:
What say we head on over to Mike's house and watch him remove his front tire for the first time!

(Can I get an "Amen"?)

-=Margarita Will=-
AMEN!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
AMEN to that, Boston is only 20 miles south of me :D

Or you can all swing by my place :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts