GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I can't find how to do an advanced search. I would like to find posts for a particular user.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Hi,

I can't find how to do an advanced search. I would like to find posts for a particular user.
Tap the maroon magnifying glass (upper right hand corner). A box will drop down that has a link that says “advanced search”. Tap that and it will open another box scroll right and type in the persons user name. There will be a drop down box that has the usernames listed. Touch the one you want and hit search...

You can also add any filters from that page as well as a drop down that lets you search posts or threads. You can also type in key words...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Alternate method.

Go that user's profile page. On right side, click on Show All Statistics. Then you have a choice to view all posts or view only topics posted by that user.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah! Many thanks...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tap the maroon magnifying glass (upper right hand corner). A box will drop down that has a link that says “advanced search”. Tap that and it will open another box scroll right and type in the persons user name. There will be a drop down box that has the usernames listed. Touch the one you want and hit search...

You can also add any filters from that page as well as a drop down that lets you search posts or threads. You can also type in key words...

Hmm, I tried this and the magnifying is grayed out (not maroon). Nothing happens. If I type something into the search box a maroon outline occurs but does not take me to the advanced search. I'm not using an adblock. Is there a setting in my control panel??

·
Administrator
1,809 Posts
Mobile version does not have advanced search.

If you're using desktop view, click the search bar and choose the V icon (instead of google). You can then choose Advanced Search.

Going through a users profile is the easiest way to find posts by a specific member.

- JB

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mobile version does not have advanced search.

If you're using desktop view, click the search bar and choose the V icon (instead of google). You can then choose Advanced Search.

Going through a users profile is the easiest way to find posts by a specific member.

- JB
That did it! Thanks!

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Thanks Mr Admin!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts