GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 DCT Tour. I couldn't find anywhere in the owners manual that talks about how to shut off the audio system. I know I can mute the audio but how do I shut it off?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just turn my selector to something I'm not using or turn the volume all the way down.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Audio system can be turned off by pressing and holding the centre button (loudspeaker/headset) on the console until you see a music icon with an X through it on the top of the nav screen. Entertainment Audio will be turned off but navigation commands will still be heard. Press and hold again to turn it back on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you I did not know that was an option. Thank you for learning something new about this wonderful machine.

·
Registered
703 Posts
My dealer and I both think this audio off feature was added in the July, 2020 update. I don't think it's in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Audio system can be turned off by pressing and holding the centre button (loudspeaker/headset) on the console until you see a music icon with an X through it on the top of the nav screen. Entertainment Audio will be turned off but navigation commands will still be heard. Press and hold again to turn it back on.
Thanks, I didn't see that anywhere in the manual and have been turning the volume down to zero which works but is less than ideal. I could be my imagination but XM music has been so bad that the volume is set at zero more than it's on, I find toggling through radio stations a distraction.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The July software update which added Android Auto also included the audio off feature that is activated by pressing and holding the Speaker/Headset button on the center console. This feature is not in the manual since it was just added with this update.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just used this information today. Thanks again!

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
So now can you turn the NAV audio off so the sound of the music doesn't drop when navigation instructions are being broadcast? I know that's has been an issue for people.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow, I cant find that in the manual anywhere but thanks. How did you find it?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
So now can you turn the NAV audio off so the sound of the music doesn't drop when navigation instructions are being broadcast? I know that's has been an issue for people.
No, I don't think that is what it means. That would be too good. It is the audio that you do not want to mute when Nav instructions come on that is turned off.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks, where did you find this info?
I have not been able to find this in any manual. I only discovered this from this board after the last update was released.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts