GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm using the Honda OEM GPS for the first time this morning. I program in my destination. The GPS takes it. I hit go. I see my route. I take off. B-U-T as I'm riding, I don't hear any directions.

When I arrived, I read in the manual that I should push the Voice/Guide button (already tried the Volume and Zoom toggles while I was riding). In the manual, it says I can hit Voice/Guide to get an update on my current route or next turn. But I want the voice to just come on and tell me when I'm getting NEAR my turn.

• Am I on the right track here?
  • Do I just need to hit the Voice/Guide button to activate turn-by-turn directions?
  • Am I missing a step? :shrug:
Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Radio console

I had the same problem. Mine was fixed by pushing the nav button on the radio console to turn on the speakers. Mine was set up to power the head phones.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Press the "NAVI" button on the left fairing. When you press it, look at the LCD console. If a speaker appears next to "NAVI" then the prompts will come through the external speakers. If a headphone icon appears next to "NAVI" then the prompts will come through the headsets.

If you want to switch between speakers and headsets, just press the "NAVI" button again.

To turn off all sound for the NAVI, press and hold the "NAVI" button until "NAVI" disappears from the LCD console.

Okay, so I'm using the Honda OEM GPS for the first time this morning. I program in my destination. The GPS takes it. I hit go. I see my route. I take off. B-U-T as I'm riding, I don't hear any directions.

When I arrived, I read in the manual that I should push the Voice/Guide button (already tried the Volume and Zoom toggles while I was riding). In the manual, it says I can hit Voice/Guide to get an update on my current route or next turn. But I want the voice to just come on and tell me when I'm getting NEAR my turn.

• Am I on the right track here?
  • Do I just need to hit the Voice/Guide button to activate turn-by-turn directions?
  • Am I missing a step? :shrug:
Thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can push the zoom button as well and it will tell you the next turn prompt as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts