GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

How many participate in other Goldwing related message boards?

• Only this one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 other

• 2 others

• 3 others

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have given this subject some consideration before asking this question. I have been visiting and posting on most if not all relative message boards for a few months now and have made some observations that some of you may or may not have considered. Some of you may have just picked one that you feel comfortable with and call it home.

I'm pretty adventurous and like to test the water so to speak before I make somewhat of a finally analysis. I'm sure some do and some don't give Rats ??? how and why myself and other may be deciding on the message board that fits their particular needs.

It's really like going shopping for a new Goldwing. I not only try to get the best deal money wise but I also consider the attitudes of the sales, management and service staff of a dealer.

The common subjects found on most related message boards of just a relevant measuring tool in picking one that has most if not all of the best qualities all around.

Another observation I've made is that there are message boards that have members that try to remain anonymous for the most part and others that have developed what I identify as a "CLICK". Most people in general like to find others that they have something in common with. Sharing interests, experiences, sad times, bad times. For the most part, I try to find some of the best of all of these before settling down to choosing the best over-all message board.

Personally, I only have one motorcycle now and had rather participate on a message board that is exclussive to GL1800's. Eventually, new models will come out and the GL1800 will go by the way-side as the other models have but I think there will be enough interests to kept this message board busy for a while.

I give the GL1800 Riders Message Board a definite "PLUS" in all of the areas that make a great message board. If there were some sort of award to give, I'm confident that this message board would be the winner.

Thanks Guy's!

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
There are many other forums, but this is the best...why waste time with mediocrity...stick with the winners here...

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Even though I belong to two other boards I find that this is the only one that I visit now. Early on I'd do research on more than one, but that seems to be a waste of time anymore.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I use this board most frequently, but I check in on the Riders Rally and GWRRA boards daily. No such thing as too much information.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I check daily on the GWRRA board, but, don't really care a lot for it. It is more GL1500 oriented and several of the regulars on there seem to really like it their way or no way. If you go on that board and ride a GL1800 you need thick skin to hold them at bay :wink:

I post very little on here, but, you guys have helped me spend many dollars on add-ons and have taught me so much about my bike that would have been hard to figure out myself. Thanks a ton to all you regular contributors on here that share your knowledge/experience.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This may go totaly off in a new direction...
But I like this board because of some of the technical features...
Most notably the 'view posts since last visit'.
This one feature allows me to feel like I can attempt to keep up.
With other boards I will search for information, but I seldom go just to browse for 'conversation' cause I end up resurecting old threads...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I may look in on one or two other boards once a month or so, but I'm on this one every day.

The folks here are what makes this a great community, as well as a great sponsor like Hal. Having Lamont keeping this straight is a plus also.

Dep

·
Registered
357 Posts
I look at two other boards, but this one is my favorite and gets 90% on my attention.

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
www.gl1800riders.com is my favorite !

used to go to riders rally once in a while but for some reason always had trouble with my log in there so havn't posted over there in a couple years, rarely even drop in there anymore

i do log into the motorcycle tourers forum pretty regular, it's for ALL motorcycles and there involved in lots of interesting to me stuff over there, sure a nice friendly bunch of folks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Very easy for me.

It is the message board community and how the moderators run their affairs.

No brainer for me. This community, with all of it's members is where I am most comfortable. It is the individual members that make up the community. We have a fine community.

The moderators on this board, give us lot's of latitude and run the board very evenhandedly. It pisses them off more than it does us, when they "have to" take any action against a poster or a single posting. Says something real good about them.

Although I spend a lot of time on this board, I do not have time to even look at other boards. This board provides a comfort zone, unparalleled anywhere else.

This board has provided both Meesh and I with many social and economic avenues. I have made more friends in the short time that I have been here, than I ever have, anywhere else in my 58 years.

Many have tried to duplicate this board, but none have succeeded. We all have different reasons for why we go here or there. This board is one stop shopping for me! It has all that I desire and more.

Bulldog

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am new to the Goldwing, but have riden off and on since the 70's. I got my first bike back in 74 so i have been riding for about 30 years, i stumbled on Motorcycleusa.com ( in case you would like to look) last year before i got the wing but i don't go there very often any more. I come to this forum most every day. I have learned a few things from all who are here and i thank you for all of the information, i even bought Fred's dvd set for the entertainment value, which my SO wasn't to happy with . I look forward to metting some of you from this board some day, would like to come to Cat-Cade in the future, seems like that would be a fun time. I plan to due a cross country trip with in the few years, may be able to meet some of you all then. Until then may the Lord send an angel to ride with you and keep you safe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice Post Kikker,

The greatest reward to me about this board is when you get to meet the members in person and you will see a really genuine group of people from all walks of life sharing the same passion as you in our Goldwings.
We take the good with the bad and make the best of it and yes I will stand up and help and defend any board member especially the ones I have had the privilage to have met.

Take Care and Ride safe,

Bus Man

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

I'm usually too busy to roam around to too many websites, I have my dailies and stick to it pretty much. :wink:
I've dumped everythin' GWRRA associated period with the only exception bein' the towin' package and that will leave soon. :twisted: Riders rally seems to have become the refuge for the folks :roll: that leave or get the boot from here. :wink:
Here it's about ridin', makin' friends to ride with or to go ride to see or gather in some parts of the country and all have to wear is what is safe and comfortable to wear when ya ride. :wink: :lol:
If it's simple it's for me with the exception bein' when I have to watch Fred's entertainment videos to tear my Wing apart for somethin'. :wink: 8)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
For lack of a better discription, I find this board has a little more of an edge to it. The back and forth can be a little more fun without someone getting angry. Some of the others are a little too Vanilla

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Bulldog's comments are most like my feelings. I really don't think about the moderators much because they don't seem to have material that requries moderating.

This group or congregation of Wing riders and those who choose to post here even though they ride something else, are people I am proud to be associated with. There is a warmth that transcends the isolation of distance. Many members here, I feel, are like next door neighbors that you like, even though I have not met many of them in person.

The respect that is shown to the members of this forum is unique in my perspective. To be sure, there are individualists, and a few who have barnacles, so that you feel need to be at a distance, but these are rare and aid in forming the boundries.

I saw a reference to Yellow Wolf about some negative comments. I did not see these, but Yellow Wolf seemed to me to form a corner of the boundry that encompasses this board. He took me to task earlier on but the context was not personal and so it became for me a positive association. If there was anyone that explored the limits of the Gl 1800, it was Yellow Wolf.

In time, any who are persistantly negative seem to just move on. I feel this board is very beneficial to most of us in several ways. Informative, caring, friendly, entertaining, and supportive are the adjectives that come to mind.

It is work to maintain a board like this group of boards and we are lucky that Hal, and those others that are involved, have the consistency and persistance to keep it alive for us to use.

The primary problem I have with this board is being addicted to it.

:lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
would love to find a board where questions could be asked and thoughtful and informative answers were given.

TOO much "OH SEE MY NEW" or should I purchase a Schwinn or the new 07 Goldwing. then 50 people get on an tell writer "OH wonderful, congrats or the like are they answer putting the writerdown" another discusting trail is to slam the writer and defending some company they have had dealings with.

When I write, I would hope others would give thought about what I am asking and then provide a thoughful answer.

I guess there will never be a perfect board due to people this is a great board I usually learn a lot about Gold winging I just wish the A**HOLES would flock else where

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't post much, but the information I gain on this board is priceless.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I'm a member on 6 Goldwing related boards. But this is the one I go to first. I spend much more time on this one, than all the others combined. This one, seems to have the most informed, most knowledgable members, when asking for help. I've tried the rest, but still come back to the best.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm different from most of you folks, I find I am spending less time here than on two other boards...they have off topic areas and no self appointed board police. Having said that, I notice today there are quite a few off topic threads here, i.e. Walmart pricing, retirement age, Ohio State vs. Florida, etc, etc. There's more to life than my GL1800, and I like to share.

Here's an example of one of my other hobbies...at least it's chrome!!

http://afca.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=2870

http://afca.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=2871

I just dropped off the blade cage to be re-chromed this afternoon. :lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
It's the booze, thats why I come here, all my drinking buddies are here
:lol: :lol:

oooh all right, I like every one here to.

Between the great technical info, the great people, ya just can't beat this place

Can't wait to see everyone in June. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts