GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Wing and believe it or not I installed the CB. Now doing my first air filter change and noticed that Honda had twisted the CB wire running to the front connection (by the radiator fill) with some other wires. I wanted to disconnect the wires and plug it in again but can't seem to get them disconnected. I would appreshiate help before I reinstall the top shelter later today. Connection uncupling is probably my biggest obstacle every time I do a air filter change but usually can figure it out. This connection has a tab and it would seem that you would simply depress but can't seem to get it to release.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Basically push the tab and pull you may need to use a flat screwdriver if its really tight but it should just pull

·
Vendor
17,793 Posts
Sometimes I spray a connection with electrical contact cleaner to help lube it to seporate the connection ... try that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
CB connector

There is a slot(very small} that you can insert a small thin blade common screwdriver in and pry the two parts of the connector apart as you depress the locking tab. They can be very tight and almost imposable to pull apart.

·
Registered
993 Posts
PM me

I will send you a list of special words I learned in the Fire Service. These are to be used as needed. They always seem to help me!!:twisted:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I finally got the thing apart after much prying and pulling. Thought that I might tear it up as was extremly tight and almost impossible to pull apart. Got the bike back together. The connectors always seem to be the biggest pain of taking the bike apart. I've filed down some of the tabs notches just to try to make it a little easer to disconnect some of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts