GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
I'm slowly learning this new format and, I don't mind it, anything new takes time, at least for me it does. Anyway, in the old format, you could find: "Find all posts by xxxx. (your name). And that would allow you to check on answers that, either you have provided to someone who might need help or, answers to a question YOU asked. But, I can't seem to locate where to find all my old posts. What terminology is use for this purpose?
Scott

·
Administrator
340 Posts
Hey gang,
I'm slowly learning this new format and, I don't mind it, anything new takes time, at least for me it does. Anyway, in the old format, you could find: "Find all posts by xxxx. (your name). And that would allow you to check on answers that, either you have provided to someone who might need help or, answers to a question YOU asked. But, I can't seem to locate where to find all my old posts. What terminology is use for this purpose?
Scott
Click on the three vertical dots which are to the right of your avatar. Select Advanced Search. Enter your member name. Select the date range you want to search for your posts. Select if you want to search all forums or one particular forum. Next you can sort by relevance or date. Then click on Search. Your posts will be listed.

Lots of info here, too!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I most certainly thank you Sir. Yep, that will do it. I can now find what I've contributed to and or, asked a question on something.
Scott

·
Administrator
1,539 Posts
How To Find Your Content

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner of the site, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “my profile”.

Click on the number below discussions.

You can also click your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select following.

On the following page, click on My Discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
If there was one thing I could change it would be this. On prior versions I could bring up the list of threads in a forum and see visually which ones I posted in just by an indicator on the thread icon. Now the thread icon is the thread starter's avatar. But there could be a little symbol there just like the padlock to show locked threads or the arrow to show a moved thread. It could simply be an asterisk or anything to show that I posted in that thread. If this change was made I could adjust to everything else easily. ?

·
Administrator
1,539 Posts
Hello,
Good news is, this is possible, you have a few options in front of you.
Option One
If you use "new posts" to navigation the forum, the default filter is for unread post, so if it is not displaying for you there, there is no response yet.

Option Two
First, double-check your preference settings. Make sure you have a checkmark next to "watch content you create". You can even get an email notification if you wish.

If you have it set that way, you can navigate following and click the "my discussions" tab.

On the "my discussions" tab, if the title is bold, it has unread posts in it.

Let me know if that helps at all.

There's also a way to enable a "eye" icon on posts you contribute on. Let me know if you want to know how to do that instead of the above.
-Gerrit

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Another plug-in (I'd assume) shows your avatar in the corner of the avatar of the person that started the thread in the list view of thread titles...which lets you know you have posted in that thread.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Hello,
Good news is, this is possible, you have a few options in front of you.
Option One
If you use "new posts" to navigation the forum, the default filter is for unread post, so if it is not displaying for you there, there is no response yet.

Option Two
First, double-check your preference settings. Make sure you have a checkmark next to "watch content you create". You can even get an email notification if you wish.

If you have it set that way, you can navigate following and click the "my discussions" tab.

On the "my discussions" tab, if the title is bold, it has unread posts in it.

Let me know if that helps at all.

There's also a way to enable a "eye" icon on posts you contribute on. Let me know if you want to know how to do that instead of the above.
-Gerrit
It might help... but it's just somewhere else I have to go to search for them. It's not as nice as it could/should be.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Another plug-in (I'd assume) shows your avatar in the corner of the avatar of the person that started the thread in the list view of thread titles...which lets you know you have posted in that thread.
Is that something an admin would have to "plug-in": to the board or is it something I could get? I'd like that - it's exactly what I want. I'm assuming an admin would have to set it up on the board.

Please do this! ☝?

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Server-side setting, but unknown if it is an unused OEM feature, or an optional "plug-in" (meaning potential extra cost) from a different source.

I'm on a couple of other forums that uses this; works great!

·
Administrator
1,539 Posts
Server-side setting, but unknown if it is an unused OEM feature, or an optional "plug-in" (meaning potential extra cost) from a different source.

I'm on a couple of other forums that uses this; works great!
We have thus far avoided plug-ins so we aren't dependant on other software developers to stay current. If you want, shoot us a message privately and let us know how it functions, and we can develop this for our own custom software version of this feature.

-Gerrit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts