GL1800Riders Forums banner

How do you go directly to first unread post to a thread???

967 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
I will ask this a different way as the closed thread trying to do the same thing does not work for me. I click the "title", I always get the original and first post no matter how many times I have gone to the end of page "X". Only the "title" is above the user name of who posted.

I am finding that I am spending WAY to much time trying to find what I may be interested in reading that I have not already read over actually reading new stuff. I guess the next so-called improvement would be with some AI algorithm trying to feed me posts that it thinks I will like that I have to scroll through before getting to anything actually useful.

#2 ·
When you log on, next to your avatar there should be a balloon that says "NEW" click on that and all the treads that have had new entries since you last logged in or clicked the "NEW" balloon. The threads are in chronological order from most recent updated to last. On the right side of the thread just above the last poster's name it tells how long ago that post was made, click on that and it will take you to the last post in the thread. If you have previously read a thread and want to go back to where the thread was when you stopped reading it, just click on the title, as long as you used the "NEW" button, the post should open where you left it.

#3 ·
On the right side of the thread just above the last poster's name it tells how long ago that post was made, click on that and it will take you to the last post in the thread.
Good tip. But what about going to the FIRST UNREAD post in a thread? It was easy to do in the old format.

#4 ·
That I do not know, I do not think I ever used that function in the old format.
Maybe the admin folks will see this thread and be able to help.

#6 ·
It used to work that same way for me. Now it is hit and miss. For example, on this thread it took me to the first unread this time. On other threads, it doesn't always work.

#10 ·
Thanks for that! It was always taking me to first unread post and I was wondering how to stop that. (y)

#11 ·

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

-Gerrit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.