GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Administrator
3,717 Posts
Farkle shelf for my Windbender windshield. You can even take your dog along.

Glen

Attachments

·
IronMan
17,623 Posts
Farkle shelf for my Windbender windshield. You can even take your dog along.

Glen
WHERES THE BIG SCREEN TV ? THINK YA STILL GOT SOME ROOM LEFT :laugh: SURPRISED YOU DONT HAVE ONE OF TOMS

·
Administrator
3,717 Posts
WHERES THE BIG SCREEN TV ? THINK YA STILL GOT SOME ROOM LEFT :laugh: SURPRISED YOU DONT HAVE ONE OF TOMS
Can't use Tom's Texelent bar on an air-bag model.

Glen

·
Administrator
3,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
FYI, my radar detector is in the left pocket, and works just fine in there - radar penetrates ABS apparently. That keeps it out of the rain, and out of view of most "criminals of opportunity". It feeds through the AUX port on the bike and I can hear it through the speakers or through my Sena SMH-10.

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
On two other bikes I have either a shelf that attached to each side of the dash using available screws or a center mounting point on the steering/handlebar junction. While there is a way of doing that with the wing, I did to like the way it was arranged. So, for me, it was Ram Mounts on the handle bars as shown in the attached picture.

There is some vibration from the front wheel suspension on the GPS but its the right distance to see fairly well. The only real issue is that its not in the normal field of view as on my other bikes. So that is a draw back.

As an aside, I wear bifocals when riding/driving, etc. With the lined bifocals there was an issue seeing the GPS. I talked to my Eye Doctor about this and he said "we can fix that". So, for riding my glasses have normal distance lens and the lower bi-focal part is set for about 18" to 20" inches which brings the GPS into perfect focus. Had a similar pair made for work. Since I was sitting at a computer a lot and had to read papers also, I got a pair of glasses where the main part was set for 20" and the bottom part of the bifocals was set for the normal 7" (I think). Worked great and still use them.

·
Registered
762 Posts
replaced Helibar index disc screws with RAM balls.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carolinarider, I see your ram mounts on brake and clutch levers. I have these, but could never get them tight. I have no idea what I was doing wrong. I tried different length bolts etc. I was afraid to tighten anymore. Are there special ones for goldwing. The part I took off is curved to fit bar, the RAM parts I tried to put on are straight. ??

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Carolinarider, I see your ram mounts on brake and clutch levers. I have these, but could never get them tight. I have no idea what I was doing wrong. I tried different length bolts etc. I was afraid to tighten anymore. Are there special ones for goldwing. The part I took off is curved to fit bar, the RAM parts I tried to put on are straight. ??
I will go out and look a little while later but, in doing a search, I believe these are what I used and they curved to fit the bar.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-309-1U

·
Registered
762 Posts
Pop the little plastic covers off that cover the factory clamp bolts. Do not remove the actual clamp. Look at the RAM pic and there are two plastic tubes/bushings/shims that come with the mount. Keep those on the new bolts when you inset them in the clamp. Cranking on the bolts will squeeze and to some degree squish the bushings. You do not reinstall the little plastic covers but you need to keep both hard parts of the clamp.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw the farkle shelf with all the bling. Can’t imagine what it all is or what it does or how many hours it took to create, much less the money! But, I like it!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts