GL1800Riders Forums banner

How do you prefer to replace your wings tires?

• prefer to replace in pairs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • prefer to only replace the tire that is defective or worn out

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually replace in pairs but maybe should reconsider

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
in pairs, heck the front has gone as far as the rear :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I replaced both of mine, as they were both worn out about the same.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
If one of the tires has died a natural death, i will change the pair, just for the convenience factor and down time.

However, if I had pretty new sneakers on the bike and I blew one out, or put a hole in one, I probably would replace only the affected one.

Tires are no cheap proposition on the Wing. Number one, we pile up some pretty good miles on them in no time at all. And the average life a tire has been somewhere between 11K and 15K. If it were not for Hals' great prices, I think that I might try to stretch another mile or two out of them.

Another factor that plays, is seasonal need. Myself, I like to start out in the spring with no down time. Heck I just came out of hibernation. As the summer progress and if I get into fall, I will change again if necessary. I usually only get 8K to 12K on the wing in one season, even with a long trip. So I am pretty much a one set of tires a year guy.

Please do not ask me why I have brand new sneaks on the bike right now, and 3 brand new rear, and 2 brand new fronts in the garage attic. I don't want to name names, but it is Hals' fault....LOL

Ok, i got to go. I have to get ready for a meeting tonight at 9:30...LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tires

:D Man Dawg extras in the attic? I wish I could just get my new Metzler frt from Hal. Anyone know when the Metzler frts are due out ? :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts