GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, Lyna Salyzyn (board member Salyzyn's lovely wife) has been in a struggle for her life after falling ill several days ago while visiting her new-born grandson.
Our membership has joined together and has offered prayers in a heartfelt spirit that has helped to sustain Mark and their family.
Thank you.

She lapsed into a coma and, while there has been periods of hope, it appears that she will shortly be passing from our world.

As sad as I am about this, I can't begin to imagine what Mark feels like. I think that most of us would agree that it would be easier to chew off an arm or jump on a hand-grenade rather than watch your soulmate slip away.
The sense of loss is profound but I hold faith that she's transcending into a better realm, one that waits for all of us.

Good-bye, Lyna.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Bill

Everyday I checked the board to see if there was word on Lyna. Thanks for informing us although the news is tragic.

Mark, I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Rick

·
Registered
210 Posts
So very sorry to hear . God bless her and you also Bill. You take care and always remember the good times we all have had.

·
Registered
95 Posts
losing friends and family is never easy. over the years i've lost a number of folks that matter. this is what works for me...

the only way to deal with it in the short term is by grieving (don't hold it in and let it fester) and leaning on the folks that matter. with time, i realized and embraced that when my forever is over, all who have passed await me in eternity. and until my forever is over, i do my damndest to honor those who have passed on by living my gift of life fully, joyfully and with a modicum of humility.

godspeed to lyna and prayers for peace, understanding and acceptance for mark, his family and friends.

·
Registered
868 Posts
As much as we may try to say the right words. In any tragic situation involving someone's wife or husband, there's no such thing. I've come to realize this since Cathy was diagnosed with cancer this past Jan.

Salyzyn, from my family to your's, we offer our heart felt sympathy and prayers.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Man this is tough. I really do not know what to say. I wish I had the right words to make Mark feel better. There probably aren't any right now.

I for one have said and will remain saying a prayer for Lyna, Mark, their family, and closest friends as well.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Facing the thought of losing a close loved one is never an easy thing, weather it be a parent, spouse or child. Our hearts are with Mark and Lyna through this difficult time and hope that you can find solace knowing you have friends and family there beside you, be it in person or spirit. Know that no one will ever take her form your heart, she will always be in there for you. While I may not have had the opportunity to meet Mark, I have read his posts for the last two years and know that he is part of the GL1800riders "family".

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Bill, thanks for the update. I was hoping that no news was good news, but in this case it wasn't.

Jonas said it better than I could so I'll just say, as long as she is in your heart, she'll never be fully gone. Treasure those memories you shared and don't be afraid to seek others out for solace when you need it.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Dep

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Sad news........I pray that God will bless you Mark and Lyna....until you meet again someday.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Posting just to let Mark, Lyna, Bill and Mirtes know there's one more guy who's thinking of you all at this very tough time.

God bless you and give you peace.

I hope you feel His Hand comfort you.

Thanks, Bill, for the update, sad as it is.

Bob E.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am so sorry to hear any news like this. I think that there are no words of comfort except that she is in my prayers.

FF

·
Registered
327 Posts
My thoughts and prayers...too close to home...God Bless

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Words escape me and thoughs of having to go through this haunt me.
Prayers for Mark and his family to make it through. May the voyage be comfortable Lyna.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
As many of you know, Lyna Salyzyn (board member Salyzyn's lovely wife) has been in a struggle for her life after falling ill several days ago while visiting her new-born grandson.
Our membership has joined together and has offered prayers in a heartfelt spirit that has helped to sustain Mark and their family.
Thank you.

She lapsed into a coma and, while there has been periods of hope, it appears that she will shortly be passing from our world.

As sad as I am about this, I can't begin to imagine what Mark feels like. I think that most of us would agree that it would be easier to chew off an arm or jump on a hand-grenade rather than watch your soulmate slip away.
The sense of loss is profound but I hold faith that she's transcending into a better realm, one that waits for all of us.

Good-bye, Lyna.
:( Never say good bye just untill we meet again, losing loved ones is always hard no comforting words can be really be expressed to the loved ones. My prayers go out as well to you and the loved ones though.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I pray for comfort and understanding that only comes from the Lord for Mark and Lyna. Her reward will be joyous and never ending.

Mark, lots of shoulders here for you.

Jess (Twyn)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Bill, That was very well said. Mark is very fortunate to have you as a friend in this struggle of his life. I dont think any one of us can say or describe how Mark feels right now. THe one thing I keep saying to myself when I am put into a situation is that Lyna is going to a better place. A place that the Lord will look out for her at.

My heart pains for you Mark, we are all thinking and praying for you and your Family.

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Prayers for Peace for Mark and Lyna. Remember your GoldWing family is here for you when you need us.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
When our daughter died, my sister-in-law sent this....in some small way it helped us:

"I am standing on the seashore. A ship spreads her sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean. I stand watching her until she fades on the horizon, and someone at my side says "She is gone!" And I am sad.

"Gone where? The loss of sight is in me, not in her. Just at the moment when someone says "She is gone", there are others who are watching her coming. Other voices take up the glad shout "Here she comes!"

"And that is dying."

1 - 20 of 43 Posts