GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm lucky as i usually run @ least 2 tanks a month thru my Wing during the Winter. I do use STABIL in my gas cans,lawn mowers, snow blowers,etc.... with no problems. I mix it with about 3 OZ. to 5 gals of gas & have never had a problem. Of course all these engines are carburated & not injected.
I use it in my motorhome,Ford V-10 injected engine,if we don't use it for a month or so. Also run it thru the generator in the motorhome, never had a problem.
Good luck to you,
the hobo

·
Registered
462 Posts
I don't do any thing to the fuel, except burn it! It is a very pretty day in Indiana and I am going riding. Just took this picture of the tree in my front yard a few minutes ago. 50 degrees and warming up.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The first thing it says on the list of what Seafoam will do is: CLEAN INJECTORS. Now that seems strange it would clog them...

I have used Sea Foam for at least five years on everything I own and all I can say from my experience is that it works good. I do store some engines for as long as five -six months and they have always started and ran fine.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Amsoil Gasoline Stabilizer for all of us in the northern half of the country. Those of you that are not weather challenged need not reply. :( :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why add anything to the tank at all ?? It is a sealed tank there are no tank vents to allow anything else in or out. I use stabil in my other tanks and cans though. Just fll the tank full. Put mothbals under it cover the ends of the mufflers. Put battery tender on it. Put cover on and park.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I quit using stabil about 8 years ago after noticing a residue in one of my fuel tanks.
I store my RV, boat, ATV's and corvette for 6-7 months each year without starting them once and NEVER had a fuel related problem pop up.
I honestly think using any stabilizer is a waste of money and may even be harmful. Every Petroleum engineer I ever talked to ( I live close to several ) has told me fuel produced today has a shelf life of 12 months.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Snowwolfe said:
Every Petroleum engineer I ever talked to ( I live close to several ) has told me fuel produced today has a shelf life of 12 months.
Unless you live in an area that uses Oxygenated gasoline during the Winter months. I've SEEN winter gasoline turn into gel in just three months out here.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ride it don't hide it!! I never let it sit more than a 2-3 weeks so see no reason for stabil except in generator and lawn mower. Come to think of it, maybe I should ride the mower a couple of times during the winter also. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.