• Chamois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air Compressor

• Leaf Blower

• Cycle Dry

• Other (please list whatever this may be in a post)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have dome mine most ways over the years. Just let it sit and dry, used a chamios, air compressor and now a new way. And now I have found a different way and needless to say, I am impressed.

I picked this blower up from Lewis at Electiral Connection. I noticed it one on his web site, http://www.electricalconnection.com/too ... le_dry.htm and called Lewis to ask him about it. After talking to him abou it ,I decided to place an order. I might would of picked one up in Daytona, as I saw a couple of vendors, but I knew I had one on the way.

When I recieved the little brown box, I was starting to wonder if this product was going to do the job. So I took it out and decided to wash my bike soon to try it out. Once I finished washing, I pulled the "blower" out. I started out on the windshield, and I had an instant grin appear. It was working better than I thought. I continued around the bike and had it dry in a short time. It could of been done faster, but I havent developed the method of where to dry first but that will be soon.

My evaluation to this purchased is that I am really satisfied. I dont have to use the air compressor(and forget to turn it off) and always have constant air flow. It has a flexible nozzle that wont scratch(or shouldnt) the paint if it hits. It also has a button to keep it wide open so you dont have to hold that. I even cleaned out the garage and tried it as a leaf blower and it seems to do well with that. And it is small enough and comes with a storage bag to take weith you on the road if you so wish. Only complaint is the power cord could be a lttle longer. I will definitely recommend this to all. :D

G

·
I have only washed "Sweet Thang" about 5-6 times in 2 years. I usally wash her after a long trip (5+days) with BOM Shock and wheels with BOMBS Away.

After that I just use BOM with their application cloth and the magic fiber cloth on bike and an old wet rag on wheels. She sure does shine.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Never wash with water, in fact the only time it gets wet is if we get caught in the rain. The bike is wiped down days daily with a damp cloth even if we are on a trip. Then a little Plexus. I just don't believe that if the bike is hosed down that you can get it 100% dry. It's probably just me, but I don't want to take a chance of any kind of corrosion.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I just can't get into the chamios thing. Rung out wet
Terry cloth towels for me. I think the synthetic chamios
is worse.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Hey, Jim, Just hang it on the line...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Gary & Mikey said:
Never wash with water, in fact the only time it gets wet is if we get caught in the rain. The bike is wiped down days daily with a damp cloth even if we are on a trip. Then a little Plexus. I just don't believe that if the bike is hosed down that you can get it 100% dry. It's probably just me, but I don't want to take a chance of any kind of corrosion.
Same here, except I use Honda Spray Cleaner/Polish. Been thinking about trying Plexus someday.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yup ! I'm with Gary, and Jim on this one. This will be my third year for the Silver Rocket and she's never seen water other than rain. Honda cleaner/polish. I think Plexus is for the windshield ? Or is that for everything Gary ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Washed mine once with soap n water........ been using honda cleaner since. I really like the stuff..... even polished my truck with it a few times. 8)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I only wash my bike after a long trip. The rest of the time I dry clean it.

I clean my bikes with Quick Shot or Suzuki Detailer(same stuff). The bikes always look brand new and feel smooth and slippery like they have just been waxed. My '94 looked as good as new when I sold it in '02.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I only wash my bike after a long trip. The rest of the time I dry clean it.

I clean my bikes with Quick Shot or Suzuki Detailer(same stuff). The bikes always look brand new and feel smooth and slippery like they have just been waxed. My '94 looked as good as new when I sold it in '02.

·
Registered
823 Posts
For all of you that don't wash your bikes.............do you take baths or showers or do you just spot clean your self with a damp cloth? I'm sorry guys but for me nothing beats soap and water. For drying I use the Absorber.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I use to wash the bike with soap and water, then discovered Honda Pro Cleaner/Polisher ( or as my sister calls it BLING-IN-A-CAN )

Every now and then I hose the radiators down with water ( before I go for a ride ) and then blow the radiators off with the air compressor, if you look up under there, the radiators tend to catch a lot of crap, I just like to blow the crap out, no particular reason, it's just me

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
GP Young said:
Use a leaf blower.....Does this qualify for "You might be a ******* if"

HA HA HA good one GP

The wing can go under a literal waterfall....... it's not scared of water

I always wash my bike if needed.... with soap and water.... go for a spin to blow off excess water ...... then towel it down..... just don't put it away wet. :rain1:

Tony - Chicagoland

1 - 20 of 21 Posts