GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think I can get parts for a 1990 Suzuki? I know I can call in the am, but the curious mind wants to know soon.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Maybe the DR250 was made more recently than 1990 and parts for newer models would/might be interchangable. I'd get on a dualsport message board and ask, you'll have your answer in minutes. Good Luck!

A quick google search found they made it until at least 1995.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I get parts for a CB750 1975 but thats a honda

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I guess you guys made it home OK. Did you get rained on?
Enjoyed riding with everyone today.

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
Most of the Japanese manufacturers maintain their inventories for 15 years. After that, they don't replenish their stock. Once a part is gone, it's gone for good. Obviously faster moving parts that fail often will run out quicker. Some parts can stick around for another 10 years.

Since your Suzuki is 16 years old, most if not all of the parts are probably still available.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Toyo said:
Do you think I can get parts for a 1990 Suzuki? I know I can call in the am, but the curious mind wants to know soon.
This is the guy I've purchased tons of stuff from to restore my 1974 Suzuki GT750 Le Mans.

http://stores.ebay.com/PAUL-MILLER-MOTORCYCLE

Besides Paul Miller Suzuki, there are lots of guys on ebay with lots of new old stock parts for all old Suzukis.

Good Luck, NRA

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I havent gotten it yet. But I got to thinking last night I wonder if the dealers even sale parts for these things anymore. I want to go and tune it all up, change all the fluids etc. It still has the original brake pads on it. They feel very stiff, I need to flush the brake fluid and lube the slides real good. But what if I need a new side cover gasket? A new Clutch cable?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Toyo, As I have had to find parts for older Hondas I can tell you this. There is usually someone out there who has some. My searches have been for older Hondas so I cannot tell you about Suzukis. The first place to always look is the dealer. If anyone who has bought up suprlus parts has it they usually get a little more for the parts.

Also you might be amazed how many parts are available for the bike on Ebay. By using the model number and the actual model?number that Suzuki used will give you different finds each time you put it in.

For instance... Honda CB750 or Honda cb750 or CB 750 or cb 750

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
I have found that you will have much better luck with parts for old bikes at dealers if you hunt the part number down for the part needed and just take the number in and ask if they can get it. If you go in and ask for a specific part for any bike over 10 years old, most likely you will get an answer like.. we don't mess with bikes that old or we don't have books for old bikes anymore. I have yet to be told "we can't get that" when just armed with a part number, however I often hear "I didn't know we could still get stuff like that."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts