GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would go have some coffee and the restaurant was 61.3 miles away, straight down the freeway.
So the round trip was 122.6 miles directly there and directly back.
So how far have you driven just to have coffee and then go home?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Sorry haven't kept track.
I even go on stupid errands for my wife, just on the bike, never in the cage.:grin2:
Its any excuse for me to go for a ride.:smile2:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oh...120 round trip to have breakfast at Waffle House......it came with coffee, so I guess that counts.

Reactions: WY88

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Depends on what I'm hungry for, 1200 miles for peanut butter pie, 1500 for throwed rolls....

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Thought I would go have some coffee and the restaurant was 61.3 miles away, straight down the freeway.
So the round trip was 122.6 miles directly there and directly back.
So how far have you driven just to have coffee and then go home?
I would go for a nice ride Friday sadurday Sunday 100 round trip for a good cuban coffee for a while a place called "dade corners " orginal last truck stop on old aligator ally coming out of miami

·
Registered
506 Posts
Not a coffee drinker; however, I routinely do 200-300 miles round trip for some lunch or dinner.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
About the same for coffee but 500 miles of back road out and back for BBQ isn't out of the ordinary. My favorite place for jelly is 165 miles away.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I prefer my own home-brewed coffee, but have been known to take a thermos of it with me in the saddlebag.

Reactions: INTHEWIND

·
Registered
175 Posts
We just went 245 miles RT for a pork chop. My Goldwing runs on Dounkin.

·
Administrator
3,724 Posts
Depends on what I'm hungry for, 1200 miles for peanut butter pie, 1500 for throwed rolls....
I'll vouch for Pooch on the Throwed Rolls. I thought I had ridden a good ways to Lamberts in Sikeston, MO for their Throwed Rolls, but Pooch's 1500 mile BBG put my 650 miles to shame.

He also routinely rides 1500 miles to my place for BBQ each Spring.

Glen

Reactions: JONES911

·
Registered
581 Posts
A good buddy owns a coffee shop... it's about 15 miles away. Definitely do that. My club meets for breakfast on Saturday mornings - I have coffee then and it's about 16 miles away. My other good buddy and I did 170 miles for a beer and burger at a riverside joint (oh yeah, he had the catfish and beer) this past Sunday. That same buddy and I did 630 miles to go get fresh fish and shrimp at Joe Patti's Fish Market in Pensacola, FL. I had sweet tea for lunch that day in Pensacola. Yeah, it doesn't take much to get us on our bikes to ride.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
500 mi. day once a month just to eat fish & chips at Pismo Beach. It was only 165 mi one way but I always took the long way home. :grin2:

·
Registered
792 Posts
What a fun post. It's amazing the crazy things we do to ride our motorcycles.

My buddy and I rode from Edmonton to Lake Louise, Alberta for lunch at the Post Hotel, which has one of the finest restaurants in Alberta, a round trip of 940 kilometres. I want to do that again this year on my new '19 DCT Tour Wing. :)

Tim

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
After a night shift, if I didn't fly all night, I would routinely take 100 to 250 mile breakfast rides. I really enjoyed them, especially when the weather was cooler.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I ride with a GWRRA chapter and the wife and I ride 60 miles one way just to start the ride so not exactly sure how to answer the question. Our first ride with the chapter was for lunch (I know a bit more than a cup of coffee) and when we rolled back into the driveway it was almost exactly 500 miles and we were never more than 150 miles from the house. Also rode 200 miles for a burger and the burger joint was 3 miles from the house.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
My wife and I like to have breakfast at From Scratch, a little restaurant in Carmel Valley, CA. It's 365 miles from our house. So, we decided to ride up one afternoon, have breakfast the next morning and ride back. But I had to work 'til noon. Work went long and when we climbed on the bike it was 2:00. It's only then, over the intercom, that she informs me she "has to see Grays Anatomy" tonight and it comes on at 7:30. I do the calcs:

Its 365 miles to Carmel, there's 75 miles of heavy traffic up Hwy 5, the wind is blowing 55 mph on the Grapevine, one gas stop and its going to be dark for the last half hour...hit it.

We rolled into the motel at 7:00, spare time enough for me to walk next door and order a pizza while she took possession of the room and tuned the TV. We got settled, the show came on and she says, "crap, its a rerun".

For a coffee ride, we like the Flying Goat in Santa Rosa, 460 miles each way.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I’ll routinely ride 70 miles round trip up the beautiful Catalina Hwy to 8000 ft elevation to get chocolate walnut fudge for my wife and mother in Summerhaven.

I don’t mind at all since it’s a great ride.

Someone has to do it so it just as well be me.

Just did it yesterday evening in fact.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts