Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well Over Plus 10MPH

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am usually 8-10 MPH over the limit if it is open and safe. Just wondering how fast you guys usually ride?

I'll give this about a week to see the results.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yep, usually 5+ over, depending on the road. A few weeks ago we rode I-75 here in Fl, doing the speed limit of 70mph and I was shocked how many times we had to go around drivers who were going considerably under 70. The idea was to stay in the far right hand lane, we spent much of our time passing. I was amazed

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
0-130 mph depending on situation

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Going over the spped limit is breaking the law, and I would never do that.:22yikes:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
One problem with the poll is that you did not differentiate between the twisties and the flats. On the Interstate I'll do plus 5 and no more than plus 10 usually. However, in the twisties I might be plus 30 or 40 at times. In town it's usually the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If I'm comuting to work it's 10+ over. If I'm riding for enjoyment it's usually speed llimit or below.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I normally ride about 8 MPH over the posted limit. I figure at that speed I'm really not worth stopping because there are always people doing 10+ over that attract more attention.

·
Registered
931 Posts
No "rule of thumb" for me. It depends.

Generally I ride with the flow of the traffic, maybe slightly faster -- On I-80/94 (Borman) in NW Indiana, that is often 25mph over the posted 55mph speed limit!

On a country road, I try to keep it to no more than 5 over the posted speed limit ... unless the locals are traveling faster.

But when I come to a town, I go the posted speed limit or lower.

As I get older, I slow down in the rain...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am usually 8-10 MPH over the limit if it is open and safe. Just wondering how fast you guys usually ride?

I'll give this about a week to see the results.
Bipe,

Do you have 60 series rear tire?
My understanding is that reads @5 mph under the actual speed.

So all of you +5 mph guys are exonerated. The rest of you who ADMITTED to more than that must go to the GROUP W Bench and wait for Officer Opee

RJ

PS I run a 70 Series Tire so I am always perfect. I'll be down at Alice's with my laptop waiting for the incoming critiques. :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
No "rule of thumb" for me. It depends.

Generally I ride with the flow of the traffic, maybe slightly faster -- On I-80/94 (Borman) in NW Indiana, that is often 25mph over the posted 55mph speed limit!

On a country road, I try to keep it to no more than 5 over the posted speed limit ... unless the locals are traveling faster.

But when I come to a town, I go the posted speed limit or lower.

As I get older, I slow down in the rain...
:agree:

Good description of my habits, too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It depends on conditions and if the wife is on. (The vocal wind noise can be bad at high speeds.)

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I keep up with traffic.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
One problem with the poll is that you did not differentiate between the twisties and the flats. On the Interstate I'll do plus 5 and no more than plus 10 usually. However, in the twisties I might be plus 30 or 40 at times. In town it's usually the speed limit.
:agree:

Exactly how I ride. I might cruise at 10 or even 15 over if the conditions allow it, but typically 5-10 over the limit. But there is no limit to how fast I'll ride if I'm on the back roads and there is not traffic around.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bipe,

Do you have 60 series rear tire?
My understanding is that reads @5 mph under the actual speed.

So all of you +5 mph guys are exonerated. The rest of you who ADMITTED to more than that must go to the GROUP W Bench and wait for Officer Opee

RJ

PS I run a 70 Series Tire so I am always perfect. I'll be down at Alice's with my laptop waiting for the incoming critiques. :popcorn:
I run a CT and have a SpeedoHealer and a GPS so I am pretty close.

As questioned above, I am referring to other than twisties as I don't have time to watch the speedo there!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That I am listed as a habitual speeder is totally false. It's completely based on the fact I was driving a better vehicle than the officer. :coffee1:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts