Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+ mph over the Speed Limit

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I've been lucky to live in a rural area, and don't have to rush all the time. I'm noticing more and more, with the new population we have, that people are driving faster and faster. Just wondering how most of you drive on our roadways.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
uh... why are you asking... :shock:

I plead the 5th! :D

:a13:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D I'm not an LEO, nor will I turn you in. I have been known to exceed the speed limit once or twice, sometimes approaching Autobahn like speeds, but when traveling, i keep my speed pretty sane. Don't need the paranoia of wondering if there's radar over the next hill.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I run different amounts over the posted limits depending on where we are at.

On rural 2 lane roads I watch my speed more for safety rather than tickets. We live where farm land is around and is fast disappearing.

In heavier traffic ,on divided highways I try to run with traffic flow.

I imagine the larger towns are like the Phoenix AZ metro area.... insane speeds on the freeways. 55 mph areas you had better run 70 to avoid being driven over.

65 mph areas you have better be running near 80.

We've been in the carpool lane on the way to work, traveling at 70+ mph in a 55 mph zone and I've had people flash their head lights for me to pull out of their way.

there was a bill introduced in our AZ legislature to raise rural highways to 80 mph where the Dept of transportation approves this speed.

There is a law on the books for criminal speed citations at 85+ mph in AZ

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
My mode depends on the mood... traffic... destination... and all that...

Sometimes I like to wick it up and scoot....
But I ride smart, and not without the aid of my electronics :twisted:

If I'm just out cruising, I'll go with the flow of traffic...

I went with 5-10 over. I think that is a pretty good average estimate of my pace.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I routinely run at 80-90 mph, but only on the expressway

every where else I run anywhere from 10-20 miles over

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I ride 5 to10 over except when on the freeway between Everett ,Seattle, and Tacoma, then your lucky to be going 5 mph. over 0.
**** :banghead: :yw1:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Andy,

I really try to go with the flow of traffic but if that flow is too slow..... for some reason my left blinker comes on and I'm leaning left and before you know it my right blinker comes on and I'm leaning right again.

There is so much machine under me that I have to ride the speed limit.................some times! :lol:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have a theory that if you keep in the traffic on the freeways, there probably will not be a problem. blend in. we have three interstates here in madison, traffic will flow nicely at about 75.

on the back roads we rarely go over 55.

i havent had a ticket for 25 years, which is amazing since i rode an st1100 the last two seasons.

loren

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
How fast do I ride??? :D as fast as I want too :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I "know a friend" that almost daily will do short bursts of 100 mph, and a few times under ideal conditions will hold his Wing at 120mph for a mile or two.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Tom,

Either your Speedo is way off, or you caught me on a day when I didn't take my MEDS....LOL At any rate, I have no recollection of ever breaking a NY State motor vehicle LAW, Ever!

Thats my story and I am sticking to it....LOL :lol:

Hope you drop over soon. Bring the family.

Dawg

·
Registered
550 Posts
speed

Speed limit, that's my story and I'm stickin with it!

Speed limits, we don't need no stinkin speed limits...

·
Registered
527 Posts
How fast do I ride? 5-10 over speed limit. Depends. Clear roads no traffic I like to sail 75-90 on occasion. If very windy or intersections in view with vehicles i stick to speed limit & keep an eye on the other guy. Being alert to the surroundings is most important.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Road and traffic conditions considered first. Mood. Weather. Some days I can't seem to go fast enough. Other days I just cruise with the flow of traffic. No two rides are exactly the same. I like going fast at the track, with the car and the bike. Some quiet back roads around here I like to catch triple digits on the speedo. There is a time and a place for everything I like to think. I always respect the law and those who enforce it.
8)

·
Registered
231 Posts
CA has a "basic speed law" no faster than conditions safely allow. Soooooo I guess I "always" ride the speed limit. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I nonrmally ride anywhere from +10 to +60. Depends on the day and the conditions. Definitly an improvement over the ST1300 though. The ST liked +80, and always begged for it :D
:rat: Bake

1 - 20 of 28 Posts