GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not quite a 4-5 star Hotel kinda rider........
Have ridden in Rain, sleet, even in a Hurricane..........
But I draw the line at this.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
...no Dairy Queen? :cry:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am a pretty avid rider, I pretty much draw the line with ice; but if it's raining, and really windy that will usually keep the bike in the garage.
I try to ride every day, I usually manage to make some 350-360+ days, and here in the Seattle area, that's not too bad. Certainly better than the average.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I didn't see a Wing! A winger plans his ride so as to not get stuck in that situation. That is more hard-core than i am!

·
Registered
547 Posts
KC - You're more dedicated than I am. I only moved to San Diego from Seattle 18 months ago, and I wouldn't ride nearly as often as you if I were still up there. I draw the line at leaving the house in the morning in the rain. If it's dry when I start, and I get rained on later, so be it. Down here, that isn't nearly as big a risk as it is up there.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Let me check..........

nope, not that big :wink:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Why are these lite weights using tents to sleep in? Just use the cover that's over the bike like in the one photo!! All the protection you need. :lol:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
A little more hardcore than most, I'm guessing.

35k miles in the last 15 months....pull my dirt bike to competitions with the Goldwing..IBA member

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I have to admit. That looks like a blast! I would have to very warm in that tent though. Paul, remember the bike I was showing you at the BMW dealer? Thats what its made for and I would love to do that.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The tent in the top photo looks like my Mountain Hardware. Camped 2 nights in Yellowstone in July with nighttime temps in the mid 20's.Had ice on the motorcycle & tent in the A.M.. Had some ice in Glacier N.P., & tented in a tropical storm in the Fl. Keys,but nothing like that.
Those foks are truly hardcore,or maybe just crazy. :shock:
Stayed warm in the tent, & warmed up to lo 60's in the daytime.
Got caught in a couple of light snow storms,but nothing that deep. :shock:
If the roads are snow covered,I don't ride.
the hobo

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Use to ride in snow like that and ice race in michigan when I was a kid with a dirt bike, but noway uh uh now. Tim

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I look at that kind of like wanting to climb Mt. Hood in the middle of the winter. Ain't No Way!

A bunch of Goldwingers rode to Steamboat Springs in July 1982. Camped out and the first new morning, we woke up to about 2 inches of snow.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
There is about three chances I would enjoy that: Slim, Fat and NONE!!!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Actually, riding through snow is LOTS of fun! Not something I would want to do on the roads, at least not in traffic, but it's a blast charging through snowdrifts out on the trails.

Camping in the cold though, is an experience I won't repeat in this lifetime.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
While I love the snow, and have spent hours out in it, it's sad to see Lamount that it appears there is yet another club I can not join. I look terrible in skirts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Isn't that why they make snowmobiles??? The camping would be fun, but getting there would be much better on an Artic Cat....

Willy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts