GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to install the following stuff. I've ordered the following.
1) Kriss hi-lo headlight modulator
2) Kriss trunk light flasher
3)Kriss spoiler/ running light flasher.
I've installed an isolator and trailer hitch wiring......I'm wondering if I'm biting off more than I can chew.
Thanks for your input

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I've never installed any of these products. Nevertheless, if you can install a trailer harness, you can install these. They are more involved than the trailer harness, but not more complicated.

Patience is the key to any electrical installation. Take your time and you will enjoy the experience plus you will feel better that you did it yourself.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I installed the Kriss regular headlight mod; only does highs or lows. I had it on the highs first, but switched it to the lows only. It's not hard. The hardest part is probably tying into the high beam wire under the left pocket (which I didn't need after changing to the lows).

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2006 ABS Nav and installed the wig wag from Air rider. This unit flashs the upper and lower lights (Rear Trunk & Side bags) wig wag in a "X" pattern 4 times and then "flash" side to side for 4 cycles then steady red.

The instructions that came with the item seemed to be for a "standard" GL1800 with out ABS or something. After trial and error with a good electrical tester, tearing apart all of the OEM harnesses above the rear wheel, 3 hours later. I made it work.

What I am getting at is make sure the unit is for your bike type. If you did the trailer harness, you have an idea what is happening back there. The flasher is ultra important for keeping people following you awake. Go for it, just have some patience.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MG_Wings said:
How hard is it to install the following stuff. I've ordered the following.
1) Kriss hi-lo headlight modulator
2) Kriss trunk light flasher
3)Kriss spoiler/ running light flasher.
I've installed an isolator and trailer hitch wiring......I'm wondering if I'm biting off more than I can chew.
Thanks for your input
I installed the spoiler running light w/flasher. It was pretty easy and it looks pretty good. I will next try the trunk light flasher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts