GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right side bulb is lower than the left. I need to move it just a tad. If I remember correctly there is an adjuster down there? I have my tunnel fillers in so I cant see in there. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Toyo, you're right on. Just remove those tunnel fillers, shine a flashlight down in behind the fairing and you'll see the adjuster. :D

·
Chard Member
13,051 Posts
Reach in under the fairing from the front of the bike. You will feel a 12mm plastic nut pointing straight down behind the headlight assembly. Put a socket on that sucker and turn. Watch which direction is which. If I remember, you can turn the socket and ext with your fingers.

·
Registered
609 Posts
How do you adjust for low beam, high beam and side to side? Reading the bubba red answer,sounds like only one for each side.He didn't say annything about how many are up fairing area.
I did put traxon springs only in from and rear. It seems thet the front is up higher when on high beam.

ride safe,
edmund

·
Chard Member
13,051 Posts
edum43 said:
How do you adjust for low beam, high beam and side to side? Reading the bubba red answer,sounds like only one for each side.He didn't say annything about how many are up fairing area.

ride safe,
edmund
I gave him the correct answer to "his" question. Don't remember him asking about side to side adjustments. LOL... If you have more questions about light adjustments, "bubba red" can answer that also.

FYI... Each light assembly, which includes a high and a low, adjusts as one. The "side to side" adjuster is in the same area parallel with the ground.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I will pull the fillers out tommorow. Why cant we post one simple question and get some simple answers without some type of antigistic reply from some people? Makes me just shake my head, know what I mean Bubba?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I fixed it. Sorry my Master. It will never happen again MASTER. :bow:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Toyo said:
My right side bulb is lower than the left. I need to move it just a tad. If I remember correctly there is an adjuster down there? I have my tunnel fillers in so I cant see in there. Thanks.
Everyone's right headlight is a little lower than the left. It's the Correct alignment from the factory. Maybe adjusting it helps with the wobble. :roll:

·
Chard Member
13,051 Posts
mr.b said:
Everyone's right headlight is a little lower than the left. It's the Correct alignment from the factory.
Yep, if you live in Europe or drive on the wrong side of the road. LOL...

The 1800 headlight alignment from the factory is just the opposite of how I was taught to adjust auto headlights. Why?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I would bring this back up to the top.

I did find the adjuster nut, it is a hex plastic nut, with the ability to put a phillips inside of it. Like Red said, you can turn it with your fingers. Mine are much better now.
Red, To adjust the side to side do you adjust the philips screw pointing straight down to the ground? I am assuming it is.

·
Registered
16,976 Posts
Toyo, are Ya sure its Phillips, mine is (I think) hex (Alllen) on the inner side and hex socket on outer. Maybe they changed them. FIngers get the vertical adjusters (like Red says - from the bottom), but the horizontal were more stiff for me -- and did not need any alignment anyways -- but you know how it goes... :lol:

I get way better lighting with the right "eye aligned to match the left straight ahead. Remember to allow for adjustments with your electric motor to compensate for load and differingroad conditoins.

prs

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
There are two ways to raise the right beam, so both sdlyon5 and Red are correct.
I prefer to get it from the top because there's no need for a socket. It's easy to
reach down and turn the toothed wheel with my fingers.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boots, the one for the horizontal is the one I was describing you can reach pretty easy with a correct length screwdriver. It faces straight down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts