GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2010 Wing with heated grips and seat. When I put either the seat control or the grip control at MAX I can not feel the heat. It isn't real cold here (high 50s or low 60s) so it may be that since it is warm I just can't feel them. I don't want to wait to complain to the dealer if they really are not working.

The big question is how hot do the grips and seat get when their controls are set on MAX?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I have a new 2010 Wing with heated grips and seat. When I put either the seat control or the grip control at MAX I can not feel the heat. It isn't real cold here (high 50s or low 60s) so it may be that since it is warm I just can't feel them. I don't want to wait to complain to the dealer if they really are not working.

The big question is how hot do the grips and seat get when their controls are set on MAX?

Thanks
There is a MOD you can do to get more heat.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Heat for seat and grips

I have an 06 premium audio, Navi, and comfort package. From the time I bought it everything worked fine. However, year four the heated grips quit working. Luckily I had purchased the extended warranty and South Sound Honda in Olympia replaced the left grip. I had this warranty work accomplished about two months ago. I have been trying to ride as much as possible and have noticed that the seat and grips are working intermittently at best. It is hit and miss, If I stop and restart they come back on. To answer your question though, The heater grips get really high on Max. I have literally had a blister on the throttle side from riding all day long wearing gloves. When I had the left side replaced the service tech was wondering why it was worn so much, and I had to let him know that it was probably driving back from Vegas in the wind.

·
Registered
410 Posts
More Heat

By the way, I wish the heated seat did get warmer than it does. If I could balance between the two I would be a happy camper, but then again I am already.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
I don't have the heated anything. But I believe I read on here that there is temp regulator that doesn't kick in untill you hit that temp.:shrug:

·
Registered
544 Posts
My 2010 grips/seat barely get warm. The dealer said they need to start by replacing the grips. I just have not had time to take it back as they need it for a few days. Too bad the heat never worked from day 1.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts

Thanks
Grips: I have grip puppies over my heated grips and in the temps you tell, wearing leather gloves, I have to turn mine down to 2 or 3. Max is much to high!
Seat: You will feel very little, if any heat from the seat at those temps.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have an 07/Nav/comfort and the drivers seat never did get as warm as I would like until the temps were in the 40's. Grips were always great.

As a previous poster stated there is a mod you can do to get more heat on the how to forum. I did the mod and have been very pleased with it. Of course when you do that you own the system for sure(warranty I'm sure will be affected). I did mine a couple of years ago on the drivers seat, but not the passengers as my girlfriend said her seat works ok especially when we ride in the colder weather.

I really don't think most dealers have a handle on service for this system. Good luck.

Fred

·
Registered
19,408 Posts
Grips: I have grip puppies over my heated grips and in the temps you tell, wearing leather gloves, I have to turn mine down to 2 or 3. Max is much to high!
Seat: You will feel very little, if any heat from the seat at those temps.
2010 here. Grips get hot. I can also only go to 2 or 3. Max is too hot.
Seat gets barely warm
For me--no biggie--it is hot where I ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts