GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the TV on and the weatherguesser said that the relative humidty was 58% and that it would take several hours for any shower activity. Not 5 minutes later, I decide to take the Wing and chance the showers on the way home. Two blocks away it starts to pour. I think that the weather report show say "for amusement only"! Are these guys accurate anywhere? Not here!

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've found Weatherbug to be the most accurate of the ones I've experienced. They're more accurate with the temperature forecast, anyway. It doesn't rain enough here to be able to judge their accuracy on that.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
http://www.weather.gov/

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPag...odgrp=RadarImagery&product=Radar&prodnav=none

I'm a weather junky and in my opinion these are the best sources of weather info. The "weather.gov" site allows you to input your local address and you will get the local forecast from the National Weather Service. In my area they have multiple forecasts for the county I live in. The other link displays the radar image for the continental US. You can click on the map and link to the regional radar coverage.

Perhaps we'd have better quality forecasts if we had a system like they do in India. I remember hearing on the news a few years ago that a couple was getting married so they hired a forecaster to pick the perfect day. He picked, it rained, they killed him.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
They dropped the ball here today. "Rain moving out by afternoon" must have meant tomorrow afternoon

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
name one other job on the planet were you can be dead wrong 75% of the time and still get paid a small fortune :p

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
J-mac said:
name one other job on the planet were you can be dead wrong 75% of the time and still get paid a small fortune :p
Third baseman for the Yankees?

:cry:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice one Roy!

I'm still laughing..LOL.

Dep

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
tequilaroy said:
J-mac said:
Third baseman for the Yankees?

:cry:
I said a small fortune, not a pant load of money :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Roy, That was cold! I'm still smarting over the Yankees inability to win the World Series.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Its easy here in the Seattle area this time of year
if you can see Mt. Rainer it is going to rain
If you can't see it it is raining
And boy has it rained alot this week
8)

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Bluebaird said:
8)
Isn't that the truth Bluebaird, I have been stuck in Bothel Wa for the last couple of days cause of the rain, man do I hate not riding :(

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
motorcyclemom40 said:
Bluebaird said:
8)
Isn't that the truth Bluebaird, I have been stuck in Bothel Wa for the last couple of days cause of the rain, man do I hate not riding :(
they say it might let up on Thur. hope you can make your break then
:roll: :yes: :rain1: :rain1:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Two things are guaranteed during the Honda Hoot...

Hot temperatures and rain.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Get me a rope and a short stout tree! I think the weather forcaseters are guilty of terrorism and its a conspiricy too! Its gonna snow stay home! (So, what?) The wind is gonna blow, stay home, its GONNA rain today (20% chance) stay home. Bunch of sissies! Go about your work and never mind a bit of rain or a breeze. You ain't sugar. You ain't salt! If you can't shove your door open in the morning 'cause butt deep snow, then drink another home brew and be happy! Bunch o' puzzies! There should be a law; they should be held accountable for th edamages they do! If I misdiagnose a baby's hearing, my ass is grass and some lawyer is the mower; should be the same with other jobs -- get it wrong and you are toast! I don't pay no never mind to the weatherman, but he costs us all a whole big lot of money when folks stay at home instead of going about their appointed rounds. Bunch o' chickens! Good Grief! I am glad or ancestors were not such panty waists! We would still be "knowing" the world is flat! Bunch of sissies! :wink:

However the radar view you can get on your own screen would have shown the pouring rain.

www.intellicast.com

prs

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Bluebaird said:
motorcyclemom40 said:
Bluebaird said:
8)
they say it might let up on Thur. hope you can make your break then
:roll: :yes: :rain1: :rain1:
Hey, don't they have a name for dry weather season in your part of the country?
I think they call it August or something like that. :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I got one of these, real cheap. 100% correct, 100% of the time.

:wink:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
n9frp said:
I got one of these, real cheap. 100% correct, 100% of the time.

I think the tv station from Peoria that I watch has one of Jerry's weather forcasters. Only problem is that they have it indoors, and the chain is too long, so the rock rests on the floor. :lol:

:wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts