GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I miss since bying the new wing is my back rest, someone here said the part that goes through the seat will have to be longer then before & hopfully they will make one that matches the new seat material pattern.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
No ..........but you could get a piece of 1/4 inch flat bar, bend it to shape and cut it just the right length. Soft steel, you can cold bend it. Prime it, paint it and be all set. Drill a couple holes, weld the pivot brace on.

Even if you do not want to do it , take a welding shop about 30 minutes to make one.

That is a consideration, I am not going anywhere without my Utopia. No, No, that is the ultimate lazy ride. Lol!!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
A week or so ago the Utopia website was advertising a free backrest to the first person who took a 2012 Wing in to their facility in NE Ohio so they could measure the seat for brackets, etc...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Copley OH, just outside of Akron.

Their fax no. is in the 330 area code.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Utopia is and always has been located in Ohio. Just up the road. Makes it kind of nice actually. :thumbup:

·
Registered
584 Posts
One thing I miss since bying the new wing is my back rest, someone here said the part that goes through the seat will have to be longer then before & hopfully they will make one that matches the new seat material pattern.
Anyone have any ideas?
http://www.utpr.com/gl1800.html
says coming soon

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was at All Seasons Motorcycle shop in Wooster, Ohio, yesterday to talk to the sales manager about my 2012 Blue Gold Wing, he told me that the Utopia people was there twice last week to take measurements on the 2012 White level 1 GW that they have. I think I'll order my back rest today.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Excuse em WAAAA! I thought bike solutions was the manufacturer of the Utopia. :eek:4: I guess that's what I get for buying my wing with a utopia already installed by a previous owner. Beat me with a big stick guys. Me bad.
You forgot your meds today is all. You'll be OK:thumbup::joke:
No beatings, they have been discontinued in favor of lashings w/a whip.
Please remove your shirt and turn around:eek:4:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts