GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far i have only see a couple at GWRRA ralleys in the USA,its a US colour only made in 04,i havent see any in Canada.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just turned 50,000 miles on ours. We love the unique color. Many long time wingers have never seen our color,and think it is custom. We have a few Magenta wings around here,one is a trike.AND DON'T FORGET. MAGENTA IS THE FASTEST COLOR. ;)

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,363 Posts
Don't know, but I wish I had seen the color in person before I bought my candy red one. I like it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just turned 50,000 miles on ours. We love the unique color. Many long time wingers have never seen our color,and think it is custom. We have a few Magenta wings around here,one is a trike.AND DON'T FORGET. MAGENTA IS THE FASTEST COLOR. ;)
i get comments every time i go out,oh what a nice bike,the colour has helped in placing in 4 show in shines,keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Just like the gold one in 2006, never made for any other year.

·
Registered
251 Posts
:popcorn:
A friend and member of our local GW chapter has one. He loves it. Doesn't do much for me. Sometimes I call him Barney....he doesn't like that!

:lol:

·
Registered
931 Posts
All you other guys and gals are just jealous. HA HA !

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
mcmom did over 120,000 miles in a year riding that color wing :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
They built just so many of the PURPLE or Magenta or whatever you call it for a special reason. That color was produced for people who couldn't afford a Yellow, Black, White, etc. Honda made a mistake when they mixed that color paint so they discounted the color of that bike so they could move them.:joke::joke:

·
Chard Member
13,045 Posts

I had a '95 or '96 GL1500 "Magenta/Purple". My daughter called it a "Barney Bike". Sold it a few weeks after that! LOL...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have one, It wasn't my first choice, but at the end of 03 when they released the 04 model the first color released was titanium, the second run was magenta, and all I could get at the time, I chromed it up and it grew on me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They built just so many of the PURPLE or Magenta or whatever you call it for a special reason. That color was produced for people who couldn't afford a Yellow, Black, White, etc. Honda made a mistake when they mixed that color paint so they discounted the color of that bike so they could move them.:joke::joke:
ok you can BUZZ off now BUMBLE BEE YELLOW.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh and the YELLOW ONES are a DIME A DOZEN.LOL

·
Registered
247 Posts
when we bought ours in 04 i first wanted the titaium color but the dealer. a OLD friend of mine refused to sell me one. he said it was the same color as concrete, they had many wrecks to repair. so i bought the magneta. i few years later i was at the bank and very old women came in and said who owns that beautiful magenta bike. the one and only person that accuratly knew what color it was

·
Registered
993 Posts
And when Honda got the color mix problem straightened out they discovered it was supposed to be Flare Red, also 04 only, THE True Fastest Color. So fast it had to have the Carbon Fiber seat coverings, only with Flare Red, so the rider can stay on.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts