GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone knows how many 2018 Goldwing's Honda built?

Are the last digits of the VIN where it was in line coming off the assembly line?

Were all the 2018's built at the same factory?

:shrug: :popcorn:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If past history is any indicator, I'd guess around 25K - 30 K units worldwide.
Thanks Fred, wow that's a lot!

Do you know if in past history were the ending digits of the VIN how they rolled off the assembly line at the factory?

My VIN is ending 000188? :shrug:

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
Do you know if in past history were the ending digits of the VIN how they rolled off the assembly line at the factory?

My VIN is ending 000188? :shrug:
With yours ending in 188, it probably means that yours was the 188th one made for the US market, for its year. Compared to others, it would also have an early production month.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes the VIN#s are sequential to the model of the bikes being built. And yes they were all built in the same plant in Japan. I worked 35 years at the Honda plants in Marysville, Ohio before I retired. I wish they were still being built there!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the VIN#s are sequential to the model of the bikes being built. And yes they were all built in the same plant in Japan. I worked 35 years at the Honda plants in Marysville, Ohio before I retired. I wish they were still being built there!
Thanks, I never thought about it before, but if there really were 25k built of the new 2018 model I think that's pretty cool.

Not sure if that's good or bad though?

Any other low #'s on here?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

I wish they were still making them in Marysville too.... I like the first digit as a 1 instead of a J. It would seem that I have # 2,212 and rolled off the line in May 2018.

·
Registered
19,253 Posts
#000081 bought end of Feb/18

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
1008 here, bought 4/18/18

·
Registered
286 Posts

1 - 20 of 50 Posts