GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the post about how you dry your wing. That makes me wonder how may people actually wax theirs. If they do I would like to know just what kind or brand of wax they use.

I have alway waxed my other bikes.

I have only had mine since last June. I have never waxed it yet. I have never washed it with soap and water either. I just keep it wiped down with Honda cleaner using diapers for a cloth. I do not mean Pampers :) :)

I have a special rag, called, "The Cloth" that I keep in the trunk. It is kept in a baggie and damp. I rinse it out using hot water and keep ringing it until clean.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wax mine with MacGuires. Started with a base coat of Gold, then #7, then #26. Use detail spray after a hard ride...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wax in the spring and in the fall. Usually use McGuires. Make a "day out of it" and wax the Wing, the cars, the truck & the satellite dish.

·
Registered
759 Posts
meguiars yellow...26 i think it is....super good stuff. I recently tried some detailing stuff i got from boms away...and wow..that really works good.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I wax every time I wash. That stuff they put in Zip Wax Car Wash is great. The trick is to not rinse completly and blow dry well. This may not be as good as real wax but I do too much damage and make a mess the other way.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I wax every time I wash. That stuff they put in Zip Wax Car Wash is great. The trick is to not rinse completly and blow dry well. This may not be as good as real wax but I do too much damage and make a mess the other way.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wax

Bought a new was the other day called Glass Wax, very expensive but I expect it to be the best.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use "NuFinish" myself. I believe that it lasts longer than wax. But I don't think it gives as good a shine.

Milt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do the BOM products work? I've reviewed their website and talked to the BOB guy at the Hoot last year but I'm still unsure. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The only thing I've used to date are those Turtle Wax "Handy Wipe Type" wax cloths with excellent results. Their quick, easy, no wax residue and leave a great shine.

Thanks,

OUTDRN :lol:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Maguires, Zaino and the Bom are really great. I do mine around 3 or 4 times a year. Joy

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I don't wax, I use glaze.

I must be doing something right, I'm surrounded by 60 car show trophies (including two "best of show" trophies) here in my den.

·
Registered
656 Posts
This will sound crazy, but I got sold on the Honda Cleaner Wax that comes in the black spray can with my 750 ACE. I think it's great! You can use it on the seats, chrome, plastic, lenses etc... JMHO

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You may not believe this, but I use Lemon Pledge (non-aerosol spray bottle) to clean and protect my Wing. Used it on my 81 and 82 Wings (had the 82 for 10 years) with great results.

When it's really grubby, I'll break out a sponge and bucket, but otherwise, it's Lemon Pledge all the way. Was started on this by a friend who's ridden Wings for years! Works great for me!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey R. Fenwick, is there a special process in using the Mequires #7. Or is it like using any other liquid wax products :?:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ronnie, I use the Honda Spray cleaner on everything else but the paint, that stuff is amazing!!! I found Turtle Wax handy wipes to a better job on the paint.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I use Buffalo Milk about every two months, it's similar to the The Bom but I like it better. Use Bom's Away on the wheels twice a year.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Always fighting the polish and wax. Black might be the fastest but sure is a pain to maintain. Scratches up the ying yang. :banghead: :cus:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts