GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think ? I can load my software for the 2610 on two computers. Would that be correct ? So I have already installed the software for my 2610 on my desktop, and now I'm going to install it on my notebook. So am I now just out of luck if I get a new desktop down the road ?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've replaced both my desktop and laptop and I'm still running CN and CS with no problem.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good to know....thanks guys...... :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
As long as you have your unlock codes you are good to go.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Everyone is correct. Like Lee said as long as you have the unlock codes you can install it on both of the computers you own. I have installed on a couple computers and for two different Garmin GPS's.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
You can only unlock 2 Garmin unit's with one unlock code this is what your thinking about,
but you can have mapsource on more then 2 computers

·
Registered
289 Posts
More than 2 gps's

I have 2 GPS units and have City Select ( Versions 4, 6 ) and City Nav. V-8, loaded on my computer.

If I sell one of my GPS's, and buy a new one to replace it, do I notify Garmin, so I can use the existing 25 digit code's? If so how. I don't see any thing on the Garmin site about what to do if you sell one and replace it with a new one.

Or can I just go ahead and install using the new unit's Sr.#?

The Unit's Sr.#'s will be different. When I try to get a new 25 digit code, will they say I have more than two units?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Re: More than 2 gps's

To do this correctly you give your orginal 25 digit code to the person buying your used gps they can transfer the registration over at Garmin to their name. your version 8 is probably an update not a full $150.00 version but a $75.00 upgrade.
Then when you buy a new unit being NEW (not used) it will come witha full version of city navigator or city select, you then use the new registration code to unlock that unit (new one ) and the unit you still have left that you didn't sell (second unlock ability)
then both of your unit's will be unlocked and working and the guy you sell to has it unlocked also in His name after changing info at Garmin, they will contact you by e-mail to ask if you sold this unit and that old unlock code to him, and then change code info to him.
If you buy a used unit it turns into a real problem if you don't buy it with a 25 digit code, someone you or the person you sell to will have to buy a new certificate at $150.00, it gets a little wild selling and replacing I just did this, snowman

larry31 said:
I have 2 GPS units and have City Select ( Versions 4, 6 ) and City Nav. V-8, loaded on my computer.

If I sell one of my GPS's, and buy a new one to replace it, do I notify Garmin, so I can use the existing 25 digit code's? If so how. I don't see any thing on the Garmin site about what to do if you sell one and replace it with a new one.

Or can I just go ahead and install using the new unit's Sr.#?

The Unit's Sr.#'s will be different. When I try to get a new 25 digit code, will they say I have more than two units?

·
Registered
289 Posts
GPS

Thanks upssnowman

You gave a very good explanation.

I e'd Garman and got a very "criptic" and useless response.

I had to reply and ask my question all over again in a different way. (Still no response yet! )

I'll see if my new GPSMAP60CSx comes with a map disk. ( Probably City Navigator ).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts