GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has an '02 Wing and he let me take 'er on a nice long ride, WOW, what a machine! I gotta have one. Now that the economy has started showing signs of life I should be able to join the fun soon.

I currently have a '97 softail Custom that I thought of selling, but frankly HD's aren't as easy to sell as they once were. The once precious "Harley resale value" is dwindling.

Just wondering how many of you have an HD as a second? I got the "OK" from the SO to pull the trigger sometime next year on a Candy Red Wing and I would love to keep 'em both.

MJ

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts

I've kept Sportsters around since '69. It was the only "Real" Harley left until this year. Now the Sportster can be called a "Rubber Glide"!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red,

Nice clean Sporty ya have there!

Now how about a picture of your Wing too!
Or maybe a shot of the two together, you know a family portrait! :lol:

MJ

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an 02 Fatboy as my second bike. It's a lot of fun to ride for short trips, but, the wing is still the King of the Road.[/img]

·
Registered
175 Posts

I have to much in it to sell it. A HD is real easy to spend money on. Its fun for a day's ride but that about it.

Panther Ga.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HD as second

The way the recalls have been going, my Ultra has been the dependable one!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't had a computer or frame recall y

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
This was my baby for a few years until the new Gold Wings came out. I kept it for almost a year after I bought my Wing. After riding my Wing, my Harley was lucky to be ridden once a month, so I sold it. Now I'm looking for an American Iron Horse Slammer that I can get at a decent price.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Here's the bike I want for my second bike... I just need to find somebody that's hurting and wants to get rid of one for a decent price. I don't like buying retail...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Of course there's nothing quite like the Wing... we really enjoy this bike and until something else comes along that can match it for performance, comfort, and reliability we'll be riding this bike for a few more years.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
This was my cruiser bike while I had my Harley... My better judgement told me I had better get rid of it before I lost my license.

·
Registered
679 Posts
2000 Ultra Classic. I like it just as well as the wing. Each has it's good points, each has some not so good points. I don't buy because of brand loyalty, I buy what I like and/or want to ride.
:yw1:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Got a 2000 Road King......It's for Sale (gotta pay for the wing)

:oops: well shoot cant figure out how to post a picture...maybee later
KC

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have an 02 Roadglide that belonged to a dear friend who passed away earlier this year. I will probaly have that one for a very long time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
How about five other bikes...

.. after all, I can only maintain six these days and the shop's too crowded as it is...

Ok... here we go, chronologically;

1974 HD Electra Glide, Black/Silver (bought new, I'm the original owner)
1983 HD XLX, Black (last of the ironhead Sportsters.. actually it's my wife's bike)
1999 Confederate Hellcat (113" S&S) Black w/50's style flames
1999 Confederate Hellcat (120" Merch) Silver
1999 Honda CBR1100XX (Blackbird) Black
2001 Honda GL1800 (Gold Wing) Black

It appears I'll have to admit to a predisposition for black bikes... well, I'll manage to bear up, somehow... 8)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts