GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at buying this lift table for the sale price $299.00 Who has one that can tell me likes and dislikes of this. I know it not like the Hardy lift and others but I will only be using it to change out tires and such.. I have tried the othe little ATV cycle like the Sears new aluminum but just do not like it.

Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hawk go ahead give me a call I am off tomorrow cell 651-398-1792
H 4299445 Looking to take the Sears one back..

Talk to you then

Jamie

·
Registered
730 Posts
Check with the daug...I think he is selling the lifts....I am sure he can and will give a honest answer on lifts even if you do not purchase from him...Best of luck

·
Registered
310 Posts
Jamie,
There is a Harbor Freight flyer out right now with a coupon for 15% off any one item in their retail stores. I had a coupon when I bought my lift last summer. I too had one of those jack style lifts and didn't care for it. I'm very happy with the HF platform lift so far. Not every one can afford or justify owning a $1,000.00 lift. If you fall in to this catagory you will love the Harbor Freight lift. Check out the review below. :wink:

http://www.4strokes.com/reviews/harborf ... lifttable/

·
Registered
343 Posts
HF lift

I have one and it has paid for itself more than once. For stability I just transfer the Condor wheel chock from my trailer to the lift and secure it then push the bike on. I could not justify a $1000 lift no more than I use it for my and the wife's bikes. To get the bike off, put in reverse and back it off while I stand to the side.
Buck

·
Registered
84 Posts
I paid $977.00 and $40.00 for shipping. I use it all the time and it has been wonderful for saving my back, knees, arms and legs. it helps in getting under everything and the security of having the chasis stabalized while you work on either end of the bike can't be measured. Never have to worry about wiggling or wobbling to heavy in front or back. Being able to reef if you have to. Taking it up to eye level safely. It's the best. It weighs a little bit but it's lifting a 1000lbs bike a does it with out breaking a sweat and can be lifted by hydraulic or air pressure. I have three bikes and they love it too.

If you are thnking about it then, do it. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just brought home the Harbor lift so far so good. I tested it out with the bike on it but now I need to adjust things so I can get the bike further forward to get the tire drop out pan.

Any ides? or how did you make the adjustment..

·
Registered
884 Posts
Jamie,
I added some 2x6's on the sides so I could ride the bike up on to the lift and have a place to put my feet. I also extended the front wheel stop so the centerstand doesn't come down on top of the removable plate. I should have extended it forward a bit more like GGW did in the first photo of the thread that HAWK posted a link to:
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... lift+table
Ralph Wenzl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts