GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

How many miles, did you ride in 06?

• Less than 1,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1,000 to 5,000

• 5,001 to 10,000

• 10,001 to 15,000

• 15,001 to 20,000

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been the worst year, for us riding yet. I just added up the miles, & it's pitiful. We only got a total of 6,792.2 miles in. Of course, after my time in the hospital, that slowed us down a lot. Hopefully, next year will be much better. We did get to ride a little today. The sun was shining, & the temp. got up to 61. Here's wishing you all, a safe happy, & prosperous New Year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had one more option at the bottom, but I guess there's a limit. It was, "20,001 miles or more".

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
You may want to up your mileage categories a little . :lol:
I got in a little over 92,000 miles since Jan 1st. :yes:

·
Registered
373 Posts
We rode about 10000 miles.went on three trips in 7 states and attend wing ding. not bad for 69 year man and younger woman.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Total miles this year, around 15K. 200 miles or less in the rain.
It was my best year and worst year for motorcycles!

Worst were: We (group I ride with) had 6 leave me stranded on the side of the road my bike is dead events. ALL of them were Harleys. 3 of them were me personally - 2 ultra classic deaths, 1 sportster death. Anyone that tells you that newer harleys go 100K miles without having to do top end engine or tranny work on them is full of crap. Engines were 1200 Evo and TC88. I suspect the TC96 isn't going to be better.

Best were: bought a level 4 2006 wing in the fall. Got about 4K miles on it now. Got to drive about 15 different motorcycles this year. Kawi, Yami, Suzuki, Harley, and Honda. Did I mention I liked the Honda best? Also had a great time teaching my better 1/2 to ride. 1st lessons were just like the state run basic rider course. Engine off, bike in neutral, my fat ass pushing her around an empty parking lot. Very rewarding experiance for us both. We now ride together on short trip via 2 bikes. Otherwise, the back of the wing is her favorite spot.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Though I don't ride as much as motorcyclemom, I agree that you need to raise the top category. I didn't vote, because there isn't a choice for 25,000 miles or more.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Miles ridden in 06

I had a good year and some long trips so my total is about 18,000,

By the way you can't count Sheila W, she skews the curve for the rest of us :)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I had a good year even though I was laid up for two months. Between the new Vulcan, Goldwing, Honda Dream, Kawa 440, and the CB400F I got just over 15,000 miles. I would have possibly broken the 20,000 mile mark if things would have been better in Oct. and Nov.

But to still be here was an accomplishment from what I was told. I am thankful for the miles I got and hope to get more next year.

I don't know if the amount of miles is all that important. I would rather see a poll on a fun scale of say 1-10 with 10 being the funnest...LOL

I would then say it was a 10 based on all the good people I have had the pleasure of meeting and riding with who are members of this board.

Ross

·
Registered
964 Posts
I choose 15-20,000 because that was the closest choice. We put 20,600 on the Goldwing and a little under 2000 miles on the Triumph Tiger.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Bad year, only did 12k.But will make up for it in 07
**** :D :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
38,000, so I didn't vote yet either (bike's at 81k).

Haven't been able to convince the wife that ABS, heated seats and reverse is a good enough reason to upgrade to the Wing, so it looks like I've got to burn this one out first - maybe by the end of next year. Of course that didn't apply this spring when it was decided that the $8k I had saved for a new bike ended up going to a new F150 to replace her '93 Suburban that only had 107k on it. Guess that's all part of keeping the SO happy..... :?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR folks :D :D :D Well I didnt ride as much (13000) as last year(22000) BUT had a nice ride/vacation (7,400 milwaukee WI to milwaukee) met some GREAT people at sturgis (the 2nd sturgis solitary ride) then ALL around the area...yellowstone down to suprize (pheonix) arizona I 10 to the west coast up to san fran. up the coast a little more (150mi.) then back to milwaukee!!!................29 days :D :D :D .....chuck

·
Registered
582 Posts
Didn't vote, not enough choices.

A little over 34,000 this year...

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
It was my smallest amount of mileage of any of the last 7 years (due to adding some MSF RiderCoaching), but you're going to have to have a lot more choices than just stopping at 20,000 miles. I was feeling badly, but maybe I don't have to now. :roll: :roll:

DaleC

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I got over 20,000 but not one just one bike or just on a GW...

Trip to California and back racked up a lot.... :D

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Not as much as motorcycle mamma but ... 3 sets of tires ... or right at 35,000 miles. Rode 29 of the United States including Alaska (again) and 5 Canadian Provinces. Just received a new set of 'stones from Hal on Friday, they will go on very soon! :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts