GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On average, how many miles do you ride your motorcycle(s) per year?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
25-30 K. Sorry to say last year was a very off year but plan to make up for it this year,:biker::excited:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Last year I only got 13K
The year before was just shy of 20K
I guess I average around 15K

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't have an average because I just started riding in June '08. So far I have 11,670 miles under my belt.

Can't believe I didn't get into this this 10 years ago.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I did 30k last year, and mostly rode on weekends. Work sucks.

·
Banned
625 Posts
500,000 miles in 36 years = 14,000 a year.

Since 2001, 180,000 miles in 8 years = 22,500 a year in Texas. Picked up the pace. One or two Amsoil oil and filter changes a year. The past 2 years we have traveled in the motorhome about 5 months.

But the first 8 years were in Illinois, before ABS and heated gear, and mostly on 2 strokes. Time passes quickly...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
In the three years I had my Suzuki C50, I clocked 16,000 miles. Last year on the Wing, beginning in May (when I bought it), I added 11,000 to the odo. This year I am guessing I'll add another 18-20k.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not enough!........3K. This year is the year to spend time with the family on vacation, so next year I hope to head east to see the east coast.

·
Registered
101 Posts
only 4k due to back injury (non bike related) but hope to do better on recovery:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Ya'll got too much spare time on yer hands !:shrug:

I feel fortunate to get 5K/year on the bike.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Mileage? It's just a number!

Ya'll got too much spare time on yer hands !:shrug:

I feel fortunate to get 5K/year on the bike.
Jerry - at least once or twice a week, I ride the bike to work & back (close to 50 miles round trip). I try really, really hard to get out on one or two weekends a month; even if it's to do some "running around" chores. A ride over to see mom & dad (40 miles round trip...); things like that. If I was to be a daily "to-work" rider (as I was in my past...), I'd be well over 40k on the odometer, instead of the 24k I have now.

Last Sunday, weather here in the desert was phenomenal (85) - even for this time of year - so, we took a day-trip for a picnic - a bit under 300 miles.

Enjoy the miles, no matter how they are gathered.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
10K to 15K in a good year or 5K to 10K otherwise, depending on available time and weather.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In past years I managed to only get 5 to 10K per year, but then I realized that there was no reason why I couldn't (or shouldn't) take my motorcycle when traveling for business. I started riding instead of driving when I had to go somewhere involving my work and several positive things happened. I felt like I was planning a mini vacation. I saved money on fuel. I had less stress in my life. I saw things on my motorcycle I had never noticed before in my cage - on the same roads. I could justify having more than one motorcycle because they were a business expense. I started racking up the miles and became a much more proficient motorcyclist. The list goes on and on for me. The next time you need to go somewhere for your job, if you can take your bike then take it. You'll thank yourself!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts