GL1800Riders Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 105 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Red Bull and I installed new tires on my Wing yesterday. Both of us working together had the wheels dismounted in fifteen minutes and just a tad longer to remount on the bike. We take the wheels into our local dealership who does the tire mounting and balancing for us.

Anyway, the reason for the post is that I'm always amazed at how nice the bike feels with a new set of tires. I got just over 16k out of my last set. They were pretty much done. I regularly check tire pressure, and inspect them frequently but I noticed that during the last 1500 miles, the rear tire started to wear very quickly and unevenly (dealer suspected that the tire started to become unbalanced).

So from now on (and I know I've said it before) I won't wait as long to change tires. The ride is sooooo much better and safer with good rubber under the bike. I figure the newer rubber contributes to better gas mileage and the savings will help offset the price of the tires. I've proved to myself that I can milk a set of tires for all they're worth (and I know others have gotten way more miles from a set of tires than me), but I realize now that it's not worth it. The way my ride feels right now is just too nice!!

So how many miles do you usually get out of a set of tires?

Ride safe!:yes::yes::yes:

Greg

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Wow...

I think my thread was highjacked by the pro-darksiders and the con-darksiders!! LOL!

Whatever makes your day! ;););)

Have fun and ride safe y'all.

Greg
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 2 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.