GL1800Riders Forums banner

How many states have you toured through?

• 1 - 10 States

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 - 20 States

• 21 - 30 States

• 31 - 40 States

• 41 - 50 States

• United States & Canada

• United States & Canada & Mexico

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have not toured many states myself I thought it would be interesting to hear from others on this subject.

I have been touring casually for about one year and have toured through eight states so far.

My favorite area to ride so far is Southwest Missouri / Northwest Arkansas.

I plan to eventually tour all of the lower 48 states and my dream trip is to tour Alaska.

Looking forward to seeing other responses.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
states

I have travelled in 45 out of 50 states. My favorite riding area is the great smokey mountains. I love the tennessee rally coming up 4/22 thru 4/25 in Pigeon Forge, Tn. There are beautiful riding roads thru-out this area.
JD
:biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:

·
Registered
8 Posts
States rode in

49 out of 50. only one missing is Alaska. Best place to ride is in the mountains.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My wife and I have ridden through 35 of these United States. We've been out West 4 times and through the New England states once. This summer we're planning on another trip through New England to maybe include Nova Scotia. When we were in the Bar Harbor area, years ago, we loved it so much we promised ourselves we'd be back. So, this summer we're going back.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I have been lucky to ride on many great motorcycle roads and it is difficult to name the absolute best. One thing for sure the internet has made awareness of many great riding areas much more well known.

·
Registered
300 Posts
riding

i live in upstate ny and love the riding here as wellas vermont and newhampshire.. been down the park way and up to canada..i guess you could say if im on two wheels its good ...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Done all 11 western states + Mexico & Canada. Only have Alaska to go. Then I will have seen all worth seeing. Why waste time going thru prairie states and beyond. I'll ride the west again and again and again .... get the idea.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Most states of mind were clear and easy feeling. Just cruising lets that state of affairs slowly wonder away. Thats until I am reminded of what state I am in by a State Trooper!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hmmm...lemme see....

VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, NJ, NY, PA, CT, VT, MA, NH, ON (Ontario), MI, OH, TN, NC, AR, OK, TX. Guess that's it. This summer we'll be adding RI, ME, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to that list. We might be adding SC, GA and FL, too. Next year, I guess I'll have to work on the western side and the north-central part of the U.S. If we ride through your state, we'll be the ones smiling as we pass through. :D :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
where is my favorite place to ride

any country back road

where would i like to ride that i havent

the pacific coast hiway from san diego to seattle

loren

·
Registered
325 Posts
Only 4 so far........SC, GA, NC, TN Just a rookie here :lol:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Favorite place to ride? Just about anywhere in Eastern Tennessee or Western N. Carolina.

Locally, it would be on Indiana Route 45 from Unionville to Bean Blossom, or Indiana Route 43 from Indiana Route 46 to Indiana Route 54.

G

·
0 Posts
I've not been through too many yet, just a half dozen. For nice scenery I found it tough to beat the west side of lower Michigan. Iowa is nice too. I'm looking forward to many more states.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Best place to ride depends on many things ... I have ridden in 49 of the 50 states and ... as far as beauty, I would say Alaska would be first on my list with the right weather conditions and second would be Glacier National Park and the "Going to the Sun Highway." Then third on the list would be the Oregon Coast Highway and then crossing over in to California ... the Pacific Coast Highway.

Now for twisty, yet scenic roads, there are many of these scattered throughout most states with decent elevation changes. A favorite would be the Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge, Montana to Cooke City, Wyoming and the "Million Dollar Highway" from Durango to Silverton, CO.

Then there are some of these are nearby 5 or 6 hours from the house ... Deal's Gap, Cherohala Skyway, and within 45 minutes of my garage - Route 22 from Owenton, KY to Falmouth and Route 262 from Rising Sun, IN to Dissoboro, IN and then from there Route 62 from Dillsboro through Friendship and on into Madison, IN.

You want windy ... try Kansas or Nebraska or even the 5 mile Mackinac bridge from Mackinaw City in the south to St. Ignace in Michigan's UP.

You want hot ... try roads to Needles, CA to Death Valley to Las Vegas in the summertime!

Come to think of it, any road that is not an Interstate Highway near a major population city is a great road to ride.

So many roads, so little time - It is GREAT to be retired!! :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
LA, MS, AL, GA, TN, KY, NC, OH, IN, MI, IL, IA, MO, KS, NE, OK, TX, AR, CO, NM, AZ, CA and NV over 24 years on a black 1980, wineberry 1982, beige 1984, teal 1994, and now a 2004 CBC ABS.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Javern said:
anyone campout in Wal Mart parking lots? :lol:
Haven't hit Walmart yet, but I have slept on the ground in a few gas station parking lots :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts