GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I don't have quite a full head of hair anymore, and after I take my helmet off my hair is plastered down and looks like crap! lol :D
I always carry a cap for after the ride. lol

Tried a liner, but didn't do any good. Wondering how those of you in the same boat cope with it? :D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
...in the summer I cut my hair to a 2 buzz cut so it's not so bad. Rest of the year, ball cap! I tried a handkerchief, liner etc. but between the helmet and a bit of sweat etc.....look like bozo.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I don't have a problem. I just cut ALL of mine off! LOL

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
wingman57 said:
I don't have a problem. I just cut ALL of mine off! LOL
Me too! It was hot out and I was at a rally in Coeur d'Alene, ID a couple summers ago and I just went and had it all shaved off. I've kept it that way ever since. I like it. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
I grew my hair long, like back in the early 70's you know like Patrick Swazy in road house. My wife loves it, she says it turns her on. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I get helmet head all the time too. Ive started wearing a skull cap ( doo rag) and that for some reason seems to help. I guess it helps to hold my hair in place.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Have a cap in the trunk with my wing embroidered on it that goes on when the helmet comes off.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
What Hair??????????????????? :lol:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hair

You can have hair and ride a Gold Wing?
Dennis

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Hair missin' on top, use a doo-rag to save the helmet and growin' the ponytail back until job causes cut. :wink: The 70's are back just nothin' on top to part or pull back. :lol:

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I get bed-head after a few minutes. If I don't shampo every morning, I have it all day long. You can imagine the helmet head that I get. Tried a do-rag - just plasters it down worse. I really don't feel professional wearing a basball cap while teaching (my job is teaching in our plant). I have found so far that it doesn't get quite as bad if I keep it short. I don't want to mess with long hair any more - too much daily upkeep, and the only thing that would make me look better would be to pull it over my face! Besides, when I turned grey, It went to a 'possum color.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wear a full faced helmet, and I get ridges on the top of my head where the padding is. I find that if I keep it short; about 1" it's not much of a problem.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
At age 60 I just don't care what people think. I take my helmet off, run my fingers through my hair, and go about my business. Ya know, I have never had one person say anything about the way my hair looks. :D

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
You guys are lucky, being able to shave your heads! My ears stick out, so I can't...LOL!

I found a silky skull cap type doo rag that works great...I also found a perfect (for me) hat that packs well...black kangaroo leather from Australia...can pack flat and goes right back into shape...

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I have two words for you: buzz cut!!!!! Holly thought I was nuts when I told her what I wanted to do last summer. Well, it is now winter and I still get it cut real short. I don't think I will ever let it grow out long again, zero upkeep other then cutting.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts