GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do, but at first I thought it was because of my winter gloves, but I have found I hit it without gloves.

Dear Ann,

How do I stop this behavior? LOL

Signed,

"Horny"

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
I don't think I have ever done that. Maybe you can super glue a thumb tack onto your horn button until your CNS gets the message?

prs

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I've done it, when just after canceling or turning on the turn signal, I'll lower my thumb back down and bump the horn button. On occasion, I'll be reaching for something under the left handlebar and bump it with my forearm. Doesn't happen alot, but......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Once or twice a day.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Accidental horn once weekly. Accidental kill switch (by touching the top) also once weekly (while idling). :oops:

Fun on the Wing? Every fricken day! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Lotsa times!!:nojoke:

·
Registered
20,944 Posts
Occasionally my headset cord blows the horn when doing a u turn, and a couple times my arm has hit the horn button while futzing with the left fairing pocket. :oops: not sure but I think I've also hit the horn a few times with winter gloves :oops:

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have but extremely seldom. Only embarrassing time was when I turned around, and came up behind another rider that was on the side of a densely forested road to see if he needed help. He was involved in whatever he was doing with his back to me, and did not know I was there. Stopped about 5 ft behind him and accidently laid on the horn. He damn near jumped out of his leather pants:lol:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
When I see a PRETTY girl I hit the horn by accident,:cool: and the WIFE hits the back of my helmet on accident. :lol:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I like using the a little horn if needed to reassure some one I am in there blind spot or cannot yield to them.
When I first was getting use to my wing I when to a local bike night in miami and when I stopped at a stop sign i hit the horn by mistake. the rider a head turned around and looked at me I started laughing and said it was a accident LOL

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
A few times my glove has caught it while trying to do something else.

Now how many times has the reverse happened, hit something else looking for the horn? I keep trying to cancel my turn signal instead of hitting the horn. Almost got ran off the road one time trying to find that damn horn button, she finally heard my tires on the warning strips and swerved back over.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I own a Honda ATV which just so happens to have the starter on the left, same place as the horn on the GL. So use to riding it I probably try starting the wing 3 or 4 times a year with the horn. As we all know, the wing has an incredibly loud horn and draws a lot of attention, kinda embarrassing. I just wave at somebody in the distance; makes people think it was on purpose.

·
Registered
550 Posts
What's wrong with me? NEVER have I ever hit the horn button by accident. Reverse, yes when I turn the handle bar sharply.

·
Registered
550 Posts
What's wrong with me? NEVER have I ever hit the horn button by accident. Reverse, yes when I turn the handle bar sharply.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I may have been guilty of doing this once or twice....or more, but there have been no witnesses to verify it's occurrence, therefore it NEVER HAPPENED! :joke:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I do it all the time when using the turn signals.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Too many times!

Atleast 2 or 3 times a week reaching for the mute switch. I really hate it when I'm still in the garage. Dem sum LOUD horns!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts